News update: "THE GALLERY" & "THE MIND'S I" re-releases

Caotico

Sep 17, 2001
Terra firma
www.darktranquillity.com
Glad to see that you're enjoying "Character" - but now over to something older. We just got more news on the previously announced reissues:

Both "The gallery" (1995) and "The mind's I" (1997) will be re-released in special remastered deluxe editions, featuring brand new booklet layouts as well as a massive dose of hard-to-find bonus material. During the years, we've been all too aware of the lack of availability of our earlier material in the US, and we've heard from a lot of people about how hard and frustrating it is to have to track down expensive import versions of the older albums in order to get the D.T. collections complete. We got so much positive response from old and new fans when Century media licenced the "Skydancer" (1993) album for the US territory a couple of years ago, so it feels great to finally have "The gallery" and "The mind's I" enjoying proper stateside distribution as well.

For various reasons, these projects were postponed for a while, but we just heard from the labels involved that the albums will see the light of day early next year. The exact release dates will follow as soon as they're confirmed. In the meantime, here are the full tracklists including the bonus material:

THE GALLERY:

1. Punish my heaven
2. Silence, and the firmament withdrew
3. Edenspring
4. The dividing line
5. The gallery
6. The one brooding warning
7. Midway through infinity
8. Lethe
9. The emptiness from which I fed
10. Mine is the grandeur...
11. ...of melancholy burning
12. Bringer Of Torture (Kreator cover)
13. Sacred Reich (Sacred Reich cover)
14. 22 Acacia Avenue (Iron maiden cover)
15. Lady In Black (Mercyful fate cover)
16. My Friend Of Misery (Metallica cover)

THE MIND'S I:

1. Dreamlore degenerate
2. Zodijackyl light
3. Hedon
4. Scythe,rage and roses
5. Constant
6. Dissolution factor red
7. Insanity's crescendo
8. Still moving sinews
9. Atom heart 243.5
10. Tidal tantrum
11. Tounges
12. The mind's eye
13. Razorfever
14. Shadowlit façade
15. Archetype
16. Zodijackyl light (video)
17. Hedon (video)

Remastered, you mean that in future I don't have to turn volume to the max when I want to enjoy from The Mind's I? Fucking great! :p

Bonus material looks very impressive too, I'm in heaven when I even think about those. I hope that new booklet of The Mind's I will more readable than old :D

nice news
well most of those tracks I found after searching the web over and over again
but to have them on an original cd is a cool thing
BUT the long lost video of the minds I on a cd are better news than I expected
on the other way all 5 years buying the same cds is a little bit boring
like nuclear blast did it with the older in flames stuff
but any way DT is worth to buy second time
but what shall i do with my originals of the minds I, the gallery and enter suicidal angels???

Time to smash up my piggy bank.

Brilliant! I was already wondering when the new editions would be released. This was definitely more than worth the wait. Finally all the covers DT have made are collected. And this, in turn, means that my DT collection becomes more complete. Thanks! It's good to see some meaningful re-issues. But I wouldn't have expected anything less. Can't wait till I have them in my hands!

yeah! It's great to get The Gallery and The Mind's I released properly here in the states! Definitely gonna pick both these up (or maybe they'll box set em? :D )! Can't wait to hear the remastered Mind's I (production was....err.....sub-par). With these two and Character coming up Im just gonna be drowning in Dark Tranquillity material :headbang: !

As it should be, so no-one must feel left out. :) I got the US release of "Skydancer" some time ago (I'm in Europe) through Amazon.

so yeah i was wondering, wud it be two separate cds, or like one duluxe-ultra-o mighty box? i wud personnaly love it if it was the latter, kinda like the latest therion realease.