Song covers

An obscure local band used to cover Shadowlit Facade (plus Moonshield by In Flames and Heartwork by Carcass) live back in the late nineties. One member of that long-lost band plays in Perfect Chaos nowadays.

Delirious said:
i'll never give up hope that one day that radiohead cover will be finished/recorded. ignorance is bliss, i guess. :zzz:

Yep, the same here. I remember when my old roommate played several Radiohead songs to me and the only one I really liked was Street Spirit. Already back then I thought DT would make a great cover of it.

-Villain

BP: Happened to me with Cradle Of Filth's version of "Hallowed be thy name". Then i downloaded the original version by Maiden and hated it.

Villain: I was getting excited that someone had covered a pre-Gallery song, and then i read "live", "back in the late nineties" and "long-lost band". =(

Very unlikely, I'm afraid. None of the songs were even close to become finished, and it was such a long time ago.

The Sabbat and Kreator tracks were played in early '90, without vocals, and I don't even recall if we ever made it from start to finish without fucking up completely. We just toyed around with them during one or two rehearsals, to see if we could sound like our idols.

The Mission and J.O. songs were planned to be recorded sometime in...eh, '96-97, in the small studio we used for the '94 promo, but it never happened, and I don't think we even rehearsed the songs at all. It was more a case of learning the chords and then see what we could make out of them in the studio.

As for "Street spirit", it was planned for "Projector", but it feels like one of those songs that you just shouldn't cover, since the original is so special. We ripped the main theme off in "Misery in me" anyway, so that's probably as close as we'll get. :D