crappiest power metal band?

Epic Blind Guardian = pretty much anything they've done since Somewhere Far Beyond. I'd prefer less on the orchestral effects, but most of the songs (except for Night At the Opera's stuff) are still heavy.

Epic Iced Earth = Horror Show, the SW Trilogy, and similar big, loud songs. Just enough technicalities to keep things interesting.

Manowar just seems very unimaginative and formulaic, musically, to me.

Supreme power metal band of the USA is VICIOUS RUMOURS, 25yrs or more of purity.

I don't think we should all shit on ManowaR so much. They have a lot of respect as well as some pretty fucking awesome songs. Although the new album shouldn't have taken six years to do...
Rhapsody is pretty cool methinks. I like Iced Earth also. I haven't listened to the Blind Guardian cd from last year but Metal-Rules.com entitled it the best album of the year so I'm sure it's pretty fucking awesome. The worst though I would probably say...would have to be none that I have heard. All the power metal I've listened to is badass...Iced Earth, Metalium, Maiden, Primal Fear, Manowar...

Originally posted by DisTortorous
All the power metal I've listened to is badass...Iced Earth, Metalium, Maiden, Primal Fear, Manowar...

Since when has Iron Maiden been power metal? Learn about genres, please.

jimbobhickville
Stratovarius is so much worse than all those. At least those guys vary their songs a little bit from time to time. Strat has released 8 CDs that sound almost exactly the same. So, so, so, so horrid.

Perhaps the last 5 have been very similar but I would not compare the early stuff (Tolkki in vox era) with the stuff they've been doing recently.

BlackWinterDay u just ignore Manowar music.and it is stupid to speak for smthing u totally ignore and never heard.
probably the only thing u heard was "the gods made heavy metal" as one other guy and judged the whole Manowar reality from it ..
but ok u like someone whose voice is like daffy duck in drugs trying to be evil for kindergarden what can one say bout ur taste in music ..

I still consider Manowar to be full cheese, but as I listen a little more to their better more epic songs, I begin to be able to look past the huge huge cheese, but I still hate the song "Kings of Metal" with a passion. Rhapsody is cheesier by the way. But that's enough of that, I can look past the cheese. I happen to like Stratovarius's cd "Visions" (when I listen to it, :lol: ), of course, I haven't heard any of their other cds or songs, so I wouldn't know about them sounding the same.
N/P: Ayreon-Decision Tree (Oh yeah, when I get a chance, and when I can find it at the price I like, "Into the Electric Castle" is mine. AYREON ROCKS :headbang: )

Hamerfall

and all those shit bands...everyone has been signing since to try and have another fluke success like Hammerfall IE
Iron Fire, Domine, Heavenly...etc...etc

I hope they all die of AIDS.

I still consider Manowar to be full cheese, but as I listen a little more to their better more epic songs, I begin to be able to look past the huge huge cheese
everyone speaks about Manowar and probably never heard their best albums:
Into Glory Ride
Hail To England
Sign Of The Hammer
how can Manowar be cheese they are heavy,rough, is that ur idea about cheese ...
cheese=rhapsody, dark tranquility after "the minds I" in flames, heavenly and that shit
azal :first Domine album rules no euro power just heavy epic metal in the 80s vein

No, I'm saying that their lyrics are cheesy not the music. Look, I was saying that I can enjoy listening to them. I've heard songs off of each of those cds, although I don't own any Manowar cds (I thought about buying one 'I believe it was Hail to England', but I just have such a long list and some others that I wanted worse and still want worse), I have still heard a lot of their songs, good and bad. I was just trying to help you out in this thread, but no, you just can't allow that. :lol:

"cheesy" doesnt define lyrics, but music.
its all about music , if the music is good who gives a damn about the lyrics.
lyrics matter but if i want to listen to good music and lyrics i listen to Queensryche, P. Waltz, Fates Warning, Nevermore etc.
and Manowar have some KILLER lyrics in the albums i mentioned before ..
go and buy "Hail To England" ...it is a masterpiece .

I swear I can't catch a break. I said that I could ignore the lyrics, and I can't do that often because lyrics are very important to me. And I'll get that cd, ah, sometime. :lol: I just bought two cds, can't go and get another right off.

Originally posted by IOfTheStorm
everyone speaks about Manowar and probably never heard their best albums:
Into Glory Ride
Hail To England
Sign Of The Hammer
how can Manowar be cheese they are heavy,rough, is that ur idea about cheese ...
cheese=rhapsody, dark tranquility after "the minds I" in flames, heavenly and that shit
azal :first Domine album rules no euro power just heavy epic metal in the 80s vein

i dont post in this forum a whole lot, i usually just read the posts and move on, but i need something answered. how are dark tranquility and in flames are cheesy??? this is a discussion about power metal. those two bands are melodic death. they don't sound like those stupidass dungeons n dragons, sing like they got kicked in the balls by Mr T, BULLSHIT.

Originally posted by IOfTheStorm
BlackWinterDay u just ignore Manowar music.and it is stupid to speak for smthing u totally ignore and never heard.
probably the only thing u heard was "the gods made heavy metal" as one other guy and judged the whole Manowar reality from it ..
but ok u like someone whose voice is like daffy duck in drugs trying to be evil for kindergarden what can one say bout ur taste in music ..

wrong, ASS. i've heard 3 fucking albums, all from different "eras" of the band and you know what? THEY ALL SUCKED! yeah, you heard me! THEY SUCKED FUCKING DONKEY BALLS! just face it. I DON'T LIKE YOUR BAND!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: just fucking get over it okay? your laughable descriptions and adorations only make me hate the "band" even worse than reading their hilarious lyrics!

Manowar are cheese, just not one of my favorites. (Cheddar is better. :) ) I do like them, but only in small doses.

As far as worst Power Metal, I'll have to agree w/ Hammerfall. The first one was Good, second was OK, but too repetetive, the "I Want Out" EP/Single/whatever was a note-for-note copy of the Helloween original, but without ANY life to it. I listened to Renegade once from MP3s, thought it was some of the shittiest shit I'd ever heard. Haven't heard the new one, but will check it out eventually. Too many CDs I want right now, & that's WAY down on the list. :lol: If I happen to get a free copy, I'll take it.

Nevermore...

wrong, ASS. i've heard 3 fucking albums, all from different "eras" of the band and you know what? THEY ALL SUCKED! yeah, you heard me! THEY SUCKED FUCKING DONKEY BALLS! just face it. I DON'T LIKE YOUR BAND!!!!!! just fucking get over it okay? your laughable descriptions and adorations only make me hate the "band" even worse than reading their hilarious lyrics!
mehaheeh ....
if u said "i dont like them" in the beginning, everything would be ok .
u heard 3 albums , u dont remember which ones ...(thats why u dont name them) .... i am sure u heard them once ...maybe as background music only ...so dont judge MANOWAR ...
but ok ..as i said ...u are a person like all others that "bites" with vampire chicks, duck vocals, and keyboards for kindergarden ...