Create your own metal band

vgmaster9

Jun 30, 2012
If you would form your band, what would your band be called? What genre would they be? Which band members would you have? Also, give a brief description. Here's mine.

Name: War Pigs

Genre: Experimental/Progressive metal

Bassist/Lead vocals
Rhythm guitarist
Lead guitarist #1/Backing vocals
Lead guitarist #2/Backing vocals
Drummer

This band would experiment with all kinds of sounds, including ambient, post-metal, industrial, groove metal, death metal, thrash metal, etc.

Name: Poseur Patrol

Genre: Black/Speed Metal

Bass/Vocals
Guitar/Vocals
Drums/Vocals

Beer-guzzlin black/speed metal with themes about crushing poseurs, attending bro parties and causing havoc, and terrorizing pizza buffets and eating all the pizza.

Name: Poseur Patrol

Genre: Black/Speed Metal

Bass/Vocals
Guitar/Vocals
Drums/Vocals

Beer-guzzlin black/speed metal with themes about crushing poseurs, attending bro parties and causing havoc, and terrorizing pizza buffets and eating all the pizza.

Can I be your vocalist Mike? I can shriek and growl like a fucker.

Not to mention, I already wrote us some lyrics:
R.J. Pankow said:
Wakes up in the morning, in a major fuckin' rage
Grabs a Holy Bible, wipes his asshole with a page
Clad in dirty patch-vest, nothing can deny
His breakfast of bourbon, shot straight into the eye

Denim Destroyer
Denim Destroyer

A purveyor of true metal, with contempt towards the false
On a drunken fuckin' rampage, kicking poseurs in the balls
And that's just on good day, when liquor clouds his head
If he's sober, look out; or you'll end up fucking dead

Denim Destroyer
Denim Destroyer

name: Windstrider

genre: pagan/folk/black

grim voice/guitars/bass/keys
drums/clean voice/traditional instruments

epic, atmospheric blackened folk/pagan metal ala moonsorrow and windir, consisting of two talented multi-instrumentalists, with themes based on Native American folkore/history.

Name: Clay God

Genre: Traditional Metal with speed/thrash influences (not in terms of vocals though)
Lead singer
Rhythm guitarist
Lead Guitarist
Bassist
Drummer
Keyboard player

Taking influence from Defenders era Priest, Classical music, Early thrash and USPM. The vocalist should be really fucking good, like Rob Halford level, no shitty shriekers or harsh accents (no offence).

The keyboards would be used for intros and so on, atmospherically, not deep purple style.

The lyrical themes should be about quests for revenge, biblical style themes (but not Christian messages), anti-religious messages and mythology / epic battles.

My band's name will be BLACKforest Gateaux.

They will be an insane combination of death, black and doom metal, with a bit of thrash thrown in so as not to be too dark.

Their first album (and the new genre they will have formed) will be called 'The Heaviest Metal'
Here is a mock-up of their debut album cover:
72863_340.jpg

Name: don't know yet

Genres: Symphonic black metal, Blackened thrash metal, Progressive black metal

Bassist/vocalist
Guitarist
Guitarist
Keyboardist
Drummer/backing vocalist

Or imagine this; Sunn O))) combined with Aphex Twin. Not the Selected Ambient Works Vol II either, I mean more like St Michel's Mount/Come to Daddy style stuff.

The band would be called 'This Pointless Exercise'

Actually copernicium is the heaviest known metallic element so far

Just looked up that one. It is heavier than Plutonium (285 compared to 244) but Plutonium is the heaviest natural one.
I don't really keep up to date on the latest heaviest metals, unless of course, my new band is recording it.

I reckon someone is going to have to invent some dark-matter microphones to stop them crushing or imploding when picking up these new, unprecedentedly heavy sound waves.

Just looked up that one. It is heavier than Plutonium (285 compared to 244) but Plutonium is the heaviest natural one.
It's Californium (252), and I was totally gonna be very original and use that name for my imaginary band.

Aside from that, it would be a heavy/doom band with speed elements

Vocalist
Bassist
Lead Guitarist
Drummer

Basically, imagine 70s Priest only much heavier, and with a focus on bass/guitar instead of two lead guitars.