Crikey! People killed at Great White gig.

Shit that's bloody awful. What the hell were they doing with pyrotechnics in a place like that?

I just read different reports of it from different news sources on Metal Sludge. Apparently the managers at the venue didn't even know Great White were using pyro in their show. After the backing tape intro to the show... all the pyro went off and they were all surprised coz Great White hadn't told them about it.

And so obviously they didn't have any proper safety supervisors involved and their pyro was way too powerful for that small stage.

Looks like Great White are to blame for the tragedy...

From what I heard on Fox News last night (sorry, they had an interview with Jack Straw on CNN, so I had to surrender and watch THE ENEMY) they were saying that they got the OK from the manager of the venue to use pyros. And because the venue was so small management weren't required to have sprinkler systems installed.

Sounded like an inferno waiting to happen. The place went up in a matter of minutes.

And I just read on CNN before that Great White has allegedly used pyros in a club without permission in the past.

I'm guessing all parties involved will be playing the blame game for a while yet.

Idiots on Blabbermouth were saying stuff like, "Serves them right for being Great White fans" and rubbish like that. Makes one sick.

Originally posted by Spiff
Idiots on Blabbermouth were saying stuff like, "Serves them right for being Great White fans" and rubbish like that. Makes one sick.

i don't bother reading the comments at Blabbermouth anymore because they are just a bunch of pre-pubescent wankers.

Sounds like its the "poor innocent" club owners trying to put the blame on the rock band coz people will be more likely to believe it was their fault.

They can't have not noticed the band setting up pyrotechnics.