Crimson 2 to be 9 tracks instead of 1?

Saint of Killers said:
And if so, will an undivided version be available?

record.jpg

They still make records? :confused:

And anyway I don't have a record player, and even if I did, I couldn't listen to it in the car and other places that I would listen to a CD player. :(

KaptainKrude said:
Yes, it is. And in doing so you're completely and totally degrading the sound quality of the original recording. If one were that badly in need of a single track version (if the album really is indexed) they could just rip it with EAC and piece it back together as one track in a number of audio programs.

Ripping it to 224 or higher will degrade the quality so little that only asshole audiophiles will be able to hear any difference at all.

IanDork107 said:
Ripping it to 224 or higher will degrade the quality so little that only asshole audiophiles will be able to hear any difference at all.

Lossy compression is lossy compression is lossy compression. don't get me wrong, mp3s have a purpose in my world...I just don't live and die by them like I used to. I more or less have one foot in each world. the biggest use of mp3 for me these days is to check out individual tunes or complete albums before forking out money for the real deal.

give me an ipod or a zen or whatever to take to the gym and i'll load it up full with stuff out of my own collection. Tell me you've got a soundboard recording of Band X that I've been dying to get my hands on and I'd much prefer to have it in flac or .shn...because whether you want to admit it or not, there *is* a difference.

hmm I really hope for it not to be indexed. for some reason. allthough it is ok if it's just divided into parts like 1-8 without titles, and the flow is kept when changing from a part to another.

Plus, on crimson1, a lot of musical parts went back later in the song, which sounds great and improves the overall feeling (avoiding the riff-pile feeling)

To me, MP3s are a handy substitute for the real product. I use them more than most, but in places like my car where the environment causes some loss by default. For concentrated home listening, I'll take even the original vinyl issue of an album over an MP3.

To me, MP3s are a handy substitute for the real product. I use them more than most, but in places like my car where the environment causes some loss by default. For concentrated home listening, I'll take even the original vinyl issue of an album over an MP3.

I have quite some albums where intros flow into songs without silence or songs that are merged together, but I never heard a CD player inserting a space there.

But anyway, if it would happen it would be quite annoying indeed.

It's not the cd player that creates the silence between songs,it's on the cd of course. Just like you can define how long silence,if any,you want between the tracks when you burn a cd.
Surely the indexes on Crimson II are just for easy listening and you won't even notice a song/part changing. That happened a lot to me when I first got Dream Theater's Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence.

In most CD recorder programs you can choose to have no silence between the tracks.
In Nero: rightclick on the song, choose properties and finally type 0 in the pause box.

Yeap, Nero allows you remove the gaps between tracks and so does Roxio's EZ (SleeZee) CD Creator.

Steingrim said:
In most CD recorder programs you can choose to have no silence between the tracks.
In Nero: rightclick on the song, choose properties and finally type 0 in the pause box.

there should be a special limited version with only one track
so people would rub it on other people's faces when someone gets it
hehe

It doesn't matter what you all say, some cd-players still have silence inserted between the tracks. I remember quite vividly how disturbed I was when I popped in Opeth's 'My Arms, Your Hearse' for the first time, and hearing the silence between the intro->the first song. Those 2 tracks flow into eachother(the whole album does infact, if memory serves me right), and there would be a glitch for every trackend/start, which I naturally didn't like. After listening to it in several other cd-players I easily located the problem, my shitty cd-player! Luckily I don't have that one still :D

oh, and the packaging lists nine parts on the back just to confuse you these are as follows;

I - The Forbidden Words
II - Incantation
III - Passage of time
IV - The Silent Threat
V - Achilles Heel
VI - Covenant of Souls
VII - Face to Face
VIII - Disintegration
IX - Aftermath

There you go