Crimson III "spoof" project?

M

Megadedly

Hey, Dan, users.

If anything, out of this post, I was hoping to get an "okay" with this idea.
I want to record a 2 minute (at the most) Crimson III (blasphemy of my idea aside).
I thought it might be a fun thing to do, and I don't want to use any riffs that were on the previous records.
It will be all original, done by myself, and posted online for free.

Thoughts? cheers.

I will! I have pretty much all of it written.
It should only take some time to record it though.

The spoof should essentially be Crimson II but with the sound / recording production / singing of Cryptic!

I'm trying to get it in the vein of Edge of Sanity in general, with Crimson II influence, which means synth.
I don't have a 7 string, so I tuned to D standard to compensate a bit.
The production I can try to make a bit like Cryptic but the drums will be thicker sounding.
As far as singing/growling, I probably don't sound like Dan or Robert, but I prefer Dan's deep growl.
I will have a friend doing high growls and I'll try to be doing the lower contrast and clean vocals.

I was being funny (retarded?). I only suggested it because I thought Cryptic was really terrible, and what's spoofier than if Crimson II was made not by Dan, but the rest of the band MINUS Dan. IT WOULD SUCK BAD. Even if Lord K played the bass on it.

I was being funny (retarded?). I only suggested it because I thought Cryptic was really terrible, and what's spoofier than if Crimson II was made not by Dan, but the rest of the band MINUS Dan. IT WOULD SUCK BAD. Even if Lord K played the bass on it.

I didn't think Cryptic was all THAT bad. The guitar tone is quite in the realm of most EoS records.

Also, I like how ironic it is for you to have this as your signature or whatever:
"Originally Posted by Gurgelguff
Some people have two assholes istead of ears. Let´s hope they are gay so they can do something uselful with them instead of judging music"

But here you are saying these things, haha.

Mwahaha BUT IT'S TRUE.

When I was a kid, we didn't really do shit like go and check the internet or keep track of band news. All I know is that I went to the record store, saw a NEW EDGE OF SANITY album, and I flipped my shit. Threw it on the CD player... what? Who's singing. I'm there, at a traffic light, and I see the lineup - Dan Swano is gone. I'm like FUCK WHAT?

It's taken me many, many years, and I do like Bleed Me Dry on the album. That's it. And Dag is just referring to... specifically some kinds of people. You should always feel free to have an opinion on music, unless you're the kind of person who's got two assholes instead of ears and should be plugging penises in them instead.

I'm not saying I'm not one of those people. Maybe I have two assholes for ears. But I think Cryptic was a pretty meh album. It was terrible by Edge of Sanity standards.

Thus, I said if you wanted to spoof it, make Crimson II but if it was by the Cryptic line-up instead of Dan. I was trying to be funny. Of course, I am stupidest when I try to be funny. SO INSTEAD WE ARGUED ABOUT WHETHER OR NOT CRYPTIC WAS BAD. THIS MAKES ME A TERRIBLE PERSON.

Oh well. At least Lord K liked Cryptic!

Despite Cryptic not having Dan, I fucking loved the album first listen. It's still a cool album regardless it really does not sound much like EoS.

Mwahaha BUT IT'S TRUE.

When I was a kid, we didn't really do shit like go and check the internet or keep track of band news. All I know is that I went to the record store, saw a NEW EDGE OF SANITY album, and I flipped my shit. Threw it on the CD player... what? Who's singing. I'm there, at a traffic light, and I see the lineup - Dan Swano is gone. I'm like FUCK WHAT?

It's taken me many, many years, and I do like Bleed Me Dry on the album. That's it. And Dag is just referring to... specifically some kinds of people. You should always feel free to have an opinion on music, unless you're the kind of person who's got two assholes instead of ears and should be plugging penises in them instead.

I'm not saying I'm not one of those people. Maybe I have two assholes for ears. But I think Cryptic was a pretty meh album. It was terrible by Edge of Sanity standards.

Thus, I said if you wanted to spoof it, make Crimson II but if it was by the Cryptic line-up instead of Dan. I was trying to be funny. Of course, I am stupidest when I try to be funny. SO INSTEAD WE ARGUED ABOUT WHETHER OR NOT CRYPTIC WAS BAD. THIS MAKES ME A TERRIBLE PERSON.

Oh well. At least Lord K liked Cryptic!

Haha, no worries! I think I read it wrong the first time.

Well, as it turns out, this will no longer be Crimson III spoof, but a solo project song.
It sounds a shit load like Moontower or something (which I did not intend). Regardless, I'll post it here when it's done.
Strange how you start writing something and it turns out totally different.

Well, as it turns out, this will no longer be Crimson III spoof, but a solo project song.
It sounds a shit load like Moontower or something (which I did not intend). Regardless, I'll post it here when it's done.

Crimsons are unique, hard to make something like it I guess. Dan isn't that respected without a reason ;).

Still interested on your song anyway :).

Moontower, you say?

django17.gif

And I'm to thank, as I made the idea of a Crimson spoof unpalatable. I AM LIKE A MUSE

EXCEPT I'M A MUSE WHO INSPIRES IN ALL-CAPS, ON THE INTERNET, TROLLING FORUMS, WHICH ARE A STYLE OF INTERNET COMMUNICATION FROM 2002

I'M NOT SURE WHY DAN HASN'T CONVERTED THIS WHOLE THING INTO A FACEBOOK PAGE INSTEAD

LOL

And I'm to thank, as I made the idea of a Crimson spoof unpalatable. I AM LIKE A MUSE

EXCEPT I'M A MUSE WHO INSPIRES IN ALL-CAPS, ON THE INTERNET, TROLLING FORUMS, WHICH ARE A STYLE OF INTERNET COMMUNICATION FROM 2002

I'M NOT SURE WHY DAN HASN'T CONVERTED THIS WHOLE THING INTO A FACEBOOK PAGE INSTEAD

LOL

Facebook is too bright and scary.

I agree

I just have a thing about pointing out to UM that the forum format itself is driving the idea of UM into extinction

the bands are here but not many people visit this format, too old, mang

this is like driving an old black model T ford on a modern highway

Edit: with Dag without a shirt out the window and Dan with his pants down driving shotgun

^There's nothing wrong with the format, there are plenty of forums out there that are incredibly active. It's the lack of things to say and the inability to go off-topic that turn places like this one into graveyards.

I gotta disagree. That's like saying horse carriages are too slow compared to cars because the riders don't know how to make the horses go faster.

I don't wanna get into web design because I'm a techno peasant, but to sum it up, this kind of presentation of information on a website existed because we didn't have all sorts of mobile gadgets to constantly update our information wherever we went. It was used in a time where people surfed forums for threads they thought might be interesting.

People have better options nowadays, and more importantly, their habit is to use those options, not an old online forum format, to follow most bands.

This isn't an issue with Dan Swano, so we're here right now. But overall, this isn't a winning format.

YOU NEED TO FIND A WAY TO TURN THIS POST INTO LYRIC, AND USE IT IN THE SPOOF