Crimson III "spoof" project?

I fail to see how making a facebook or twitter page would be an improvement in Dan's case as far as discussion goes and that's what this place is all about, not how fast information goes around.

I understand that some people are lazy and they wanna be spoon-fed small chunks of information about their various interests, preferably all in one place, but that's not everybody. Like I said, there are plenty of forums out there that are very active and that's cuz this format, while not perfect, is a really good one for in-depth discussions. And I'm only talking about this vBulletin style of forums, but if we were to talk about other styles of forums like Reddit for example, then it's clear that the forum concept is not outdated.

With that said, I'd totally support Dan if he were to shut this place down and create a twitter account. If there's nothing to discuss about, then there's no need for a forum to exist. This goes for most band-specific forums, specially when the musician/band only releases 1 album every 200 hundred years. There are only so many "what's your favorite song?" threads that people can make. :)

I fail to see how making a facebook or twitter page would be an improvement in Dan's case as far as discussion goes and that's what this place is all about, not how fast information goes around.

I understand that some people are lazy and they wanna be spoon-fed small chunks of information about their various interests, preferably all in one place, but that's not everybody. Like I said, there are plenty of forums out there that are very active and that's cuz this format, while not perfect, is a really good one for in-depth discussions. And I'm only talking about this vBulletin style of forums, but if we were to talk about other styles of forums like Reddit for example, then it's clear that the forum concept is not outdated.

With that said, I'd totally support Dan if he were to shut this place down and create a twitter account. If there's nothing to discuss about, then there's no need for a forum to exist. This goes for most band-specific forums, specially when the musician/band only releases 1 album every 200 hundred years. There are only so many "what's your favorite song?" threads that people can make. :)

Well, here's the thing: there aren't. That's the beauty of great music. You and I may be like, OF COURSE DAN IS LIKE THE GREATEST THING SINCE FRIED TWINKIES, but there are teenagers just discovering his stuff for the first time via other metal.

I guess, think of it this way: I know we are spoiled because we are diligent and invested in the music this man and his buddies create, and thus, we go to a forum where he posts rather than share it with a greater audience. That's a reward to us. I don't want to lose that reward, as slight of a part of my life this forum is, Dan's music is not a small part. I say that with sincerity.

On the other hand, there is a larger conversation that goes on in digital media because of its advances. I don't think that the dissemination of Dan's music is served by the way UM has stayed the same over 8 eight or 10 years, or however long it has existed. UM has been great, I love it, it's awesome... but it's also old.

The lack of activity on UM is directly related to exactly the old forum format. Many bands use their personal facebook profiles, or band profiles, to communicate music, images, and cultivate a more dedicated following.

I know Dan doesn't care for any of those things, because he just cares about the music he creates and that people listen to it. He ain't here for the monies, although if I were a wealthy robber baron, I would be his secret patron and send him piles of cash so he could make music and live well, which would allow him to make even more music.

Anyway, I drove this thread off the topic cliff. I'm a bad person.

I'm going to continue working on some stuff (it doesn't sound too much like Moontower or whatever, also I gave up the Crimson spoof idea sometime ago) so we'll see how this all turns out. Though I can't record vocals at home because yes, I'm young enough that I still live in my parents house and they probably wouldn't like that very much, haha.

Wait, why did you remove the dl link? I liked it alot, although it's a really short sample. Is it going to be just one song?

Wait, why did you remove the dl link? I liked it alot, although it's a really short sample. Is it going to be just one song?

Sorry dude! just found the need to make it a bit better :).
I'll get the sample up again soon. I'm mixing as I'm recording because I have to make a bunch of guitar tracks to get a good tone and stuff like that.

Yeah it'll be just one song, I got some other stuff I'm slowly writing but for now this song will be under my own name.