Crimson Shade

BTW, the song is incredible. Would definitely have fit in with the original release, style-wise. Much more straight forward than anything on A Great Divide, of course.

Thanks! It was actually written on February 29, 2004 (before we even started recording "The Silvery Image"), when ex-bassist Kirk "challenged" me to write something all in 4/4 and in one key (e minor) with only allowing accidentals in the bridge. So I did it. Since it had no lyrics, we didn't feel like adding it as another song on "The Silvery Image," so it was just another file in my folder of stuff for Suspyre. Last summer, I was going through piles of lyrics Clay had written, realized these fit, then I added them in and decided to record it and release it.

There is actually another bonus feature on the new edition, but you have to buy it to find out what that is. :heh:

Thanks! It was actually written on February 29, 2004 (before we even started recording "The Silvery Image"), when ex-bassist Kirk "challenged" me to write something all in 4/4 and in one key (e minor) with only allowing accidentals in the bridge. So I did it. Since it had no lyrics, we didn't feel like adding it as another song on "The Silvery Image," so it was just another file in my folder of stuff for Suspyre. Last summer, I was going through piles of lyrics Clay had written, realized these fit, then I added them in and decided to record it and release it.

There is actually another bonus feature on the new edition, but you have to buy it to find out what that is. :heh:

Now thats just mean!! :loco:

That was mean...shame on you Gregg. :saint:

Is there a release date yet for the new edition?

Not yet; we're actually waiting for the new master to get here, then we'll ship that off to be duplicated. My guess would be by the mid-end of February.

We're working on getting it at all the places where you can get "A Great Divide." I don't want any of you having any trouble finding it.

The reissue was supposed to be in our hands, but of course as you all know things get delayed. But we're not going to hold anyone liable for this one...the new Silvery Images should be in our hands shortly and made available for purchase again.

As far as the new album...there have been some minor delays behind the scenes like sickness and such. Just little things here and there. There are lots of vocals to do, which of course rest in my court, so I'm working as fast as I can to get them going. I want to make sure that I'm giving you guys my best and recently....to be honest I haven't been in the best shape mentally to kick ass for y'all. However, I'm back up and running and we would have rocked out another song if we had the mic that was promised to us this weekend. Don't fret though...the first song / "single" has been completed and it sounds IMO very badass. Everyone keep their pants on and we promise another rockin album...hehe.

Buh bye for now.

My pants are always on, 'cept for those special moments with the wife.............

Uh....I mean, cool news. Thanks for the updates as always. Sickness sucks, but it's better to get healthy first before laying down any vocal tracks that aren't up to your standards.