"Cry of the Black Birds" Video Released!

UTNS is just an awesome song! Lead guitar really kicks ass and the part before the solo (which also fits perfectly in the song) where Fredrik hits hi-hat besides ride is also immense.

I would like to see a video for Hermod's ride ro Hel, but for that i think the part 2 should be released... next album, AA? ^^

Anyway, that song just rule IMO
And what images that song create in my mind..... would be so great!!! idlike to see AA's version hehe

dang... now i think im gonna paint my vision of Hermod's.... mwahahaha ^^
Yeah, see I think that's part of the probelm - all of those neat vids that we can visualize in our heads would require a huge budget. I don't think they get very much money alotted for such things. But this is a good sign - they've got two videos from one album!

yeah, that's my line of thinking more or less. the more theatric songs like UtN or HRtH would just come off as cheesy without a huge budget (especially if subjected to some hollywood cocksucker's idea of cool). I kinda think they should do an animated video. thats my retarded brain movie. But Cry of the Black Birds is a good call for a video, its agreat song, and really does lend itself to video.

from my observations, the less videos produced, the more underground is the band, hence the band will remain devoted to its principles.... i'm not saying that makin videos is bad or a sign of commercial...far from that... its just an observation which i wanted to share with you... A.A. have done very few videos therefore when looking form this perspective they show to be a great band as ever.... but after all we all know their potential and talent and we need no observations and theories to prove so, am i right?

There is no absolute relation between commercial success and artistic quality. But it takes commercial success to get money from record labels to make such videos. That's why the record labels love rap/r'n'b so much. Not a lot of money involved in making those. Just rent some bling and skanky bitches to parade in thongs and you have a rap video.

Metal videos (usually) are a little more inventive then that. Except for those Immortal clones hopping through the forest all the times of course :p

yeah ... u'r right... r'n'b videos are pure cheap shit... they are like Mr. Hanky, South Park Xmas poo, when he is dehydrated i.e. with no life at all...

Metal videos make more sense and are more planned to reach an aim and also they know more what they are doing in such a way that the song and the video are well compatible not like the other videos where only green notes, wasted champagne, jewelary and other shit are shown.

In few word METAL VIDEOS ARE MORE EXPENSIVE, INTENSE, WELL PLANNED AND SO THEY KICK ASSES !!! \m/

from my observations, the less videos produced, the more underground is the band, hence the band will remain devoted to its principles.... i'm not saying that makin videos is bad or a sign of commercial...far from that... its just an observation which i wanted to share with you... A.A. have done very few videos therefore when looking form this perspective they show to be a great band as ever.... but after all we all know their potential and talent and we need no observations and theories to prove so, am i right?

Underground doesn't always mean good. As with every genre there's good and bad stuff in the Underground and if you want to go sifting through all the crap there is to find a pearl in there go ahead, I give you props for putting up with some of the crap there is in there, I only do it when I'm desperate for some new music. :) But commercial doesn't always mean bad as some have said. Especially if you don't differentiate from your original style too much.

Music business like every other Art is a fickle business though, so some have to adapt to survive.

Hmm, I wonder if this video is going to have synchronized head banging as well...

hmm... you have your own opinion... mine is different though i still take in consideration your opinion...thanks for the enlightment.

Underground doesn't always mean good. As with every genre there's good and bad stuff in the Underground and if you want to go sifting through all the crap there is to find a pearl in there go ahead, I give you props for putting up with some of the crap there is in there, I only do it when I'm desperate for some new music. :) But commercial doesn't always mean bad as some have said. Especially if you don't differentiate from your original style too much.

Music business like every other Art is a fickle business though, so some have to adapt to survive.