Cryptopsy - None So Vile

Christians,nazis and all religious people cry for attention so badly. Please die

Lord Worm's vocals are original, but I now prefer Demilich's vocals, simply for the inhuman sounds! More interesting than Worm as well IMO.

Although, I don't know if Demilich vocals would work in Cryptopsy - that would be funny to test!

I don't necessarily prefer Demilich vocals over L W, ie. I wouldn't necessarily choose them over Lord Worm, but in terms of interest and originality, I'd choose Demilich.

High On Maiden said:
Lord Worm's vocals are original, but I now prefer Demilich's vocals, simply for the inhuman sounds! More interesting than Worm as well IMO.

Although, I don't know if Demilich vocals would work in Cryptopsy - that would be funny to test!

I don't necessarily prefer Demilich vocals over L W, ie. I wouldn't necessarily choose them over Lord Worm, but in terms of interest and originality, I'd choose Demilich.
That would be an interesting combination, but I agree it probably wouldn't sound right. Cryptopsy is too fast for Demilich's vocals to work.

Mike Disalvo ruined Cryptopsy for the albums he was on. Whisper Supremacy has good music, but the vocals are the worst in the genre that I have heard, and it makes the album from an otherwise 8 / 10 to a 1 / 10. They are seriously that bad. I cannot listen to Disalvo for more than 5 seconds without turning it off in disgust.

Lord Worm, on the other hand, ruled. None So Vile isn't the world's greatest brutal death metal album, but it's close. Lykathea Aflame have a similar vocal style and they are a lot better, but Cryptopsy's good when you want shorter more compact songs with less melody.

Demiurge said:
First the production; it's shrill, ragged, and harsh. Simply terrible, especially for a brutal death album requiring dense production. The vocals of Lord Worm are mediocre, occasionally he lets loose an interesting sound but mostly just growls and grunts in a rather generic fashion. There's an alarming amount of slap bass present here, quite irritating. The song structure is.....wait, there isn't any song structure. There are plenty of tempo changes and shifts in the trem-riffing but it all adds up to a jumbled, amorphous mess with absolutely no direction. Worst of all are the most piercing treble spikes one can produce without an ice pick and a chalkboard. Drumming is capable, but overrated. The majority of it is the usual blast-fill. Simply aural torture.

There is an alternative review.

1. The production is great.
2. It's not brutal death.
3. Lord Worm can do death metal vocals most likely a thousand times better than you.
4. If it's too technical for you to handle, just say that rather than beating around the bush with the "it's a huge jumbled mess" cop-out.
5. The majority of the drums is not 'usual blast-fill'.

Next time you do an alt. review, listen to the album more than just a quick skim.

Spirit In Black said:
That would be an interesting combination, but I agree it probably wouldn't sound right. Cryptopsy is too fast for Demilich's vocals to work.

Yes, the difference is that Demilich's vocalist basically talks.

I fucking HATE Demilich's vocals. And I'm saying that being able to do them.

People can like the band, but I see it as a weakness.

I bet Demiurge is a Demilich fan. Well, WAS. They're getting slightly popular now ever since Nespithe was rereleased for free by the band.

None So Vile slays Nespithe, although the latter album has much better harmonic/melodic structure. The riffs on NSV might be catchier at first listen, but Nespithe's are auarlly pleasing as a whole because the songs "fit together." It's like Impressionist art. Ugly up close, and beautiful from far away. However, NSV slays it simply in the way that Abstract and Still Life destroy Impressionism.