CRYPTOPSY Parts Ways With Singer LORD WORM, Seeks Replacement

LifeDepraved

My soul got a crack
Sep 9, 2002
Phoenix AZ
Guitarist Alex Auburn of the Canadian death metallers CRYPTOPSY has confirmed to BLABBERMOUTH.NET that the band has once again parted ways with singer Lord Worm (a.k.a. Dan Greening). No reason was given for Lord Worm's departure, but according to Auburn, this time the vocalist was "kicked out" of the band and didn't leave of his own accord.

CRYPTOPSY is currently looking to audition candidates to fill the positions of singer/frontman and keyboardist/samplist. Vocalists must be able to sing in clean voice, on pitch, and also be able to scream/growl. If you are motivated and would like to try out, e-mail the band at crymusic@hotmail.com. If you have a criminal record, don't bother auditioning, as this means you can't tour.

I don't know what to think...I love their first two albums, but the latest wasn't the best...So maybe some fresh meat will be good?

Maybe Lord Worm to Bloodbath? :p o_O

"Vocalists must be able to sing in clean voice, on pitch, and also be able to scream/growl."

I swear to god, this will suck. I really hope that Cryptopsy don't do clean vocals and start down the road to shittiness.

Thank god he is gone... I hate his vocals with a passion, I don't think he is at all talented. In my opinion he along with Chris Barnes are the msot over-rated death metal vocalists out there.

Are you guys serious? Lord Worm didn't ruin Once Was Not, the awful production and forgettable songs ruined that album. Without Jon Cryptopsy was only notable for the return of Lord Worm, without either of those personalities all they are is a has-been band with a great drummer.

Are you guys serious? Lord Worm didn't ruin Once Was Not, the awful production and forgettable songs ruined that album. Without Jon Cryptopsy was only notable for the return of Lord Worm, without either of those personalities all they are is a has-been band with a great drummer.

I disagree. I think they always were a bit of a "has been" with a cult following but I think they have some potential if they let some new influence in. Bands are a collaborative effort after all.

None So Vile is the best shit, Whisper Supremacy owns as well, but it's too bad Mike DiSalvo was a terrible vocalist.

Cryptopsy was a great band with Lord Worm, and he kicked ass live 2 weeks ago. It seems like theyre turning to shit with these clean vocals and keyboards... we'll see I guess. The first album will always reign supreme. anyone who says they have no talent is a retard. simple as that.

What?????? 2 weeks ago they were TERRIBLE! They all have talent (except lord worm) but for me, they just don't gel. They're going nowhere but down