Cubase 5 audio dropouts

thefretwanker

New Metal Member
Here's the story

Recorded a guide guitar track to a click, quite a few tempo changes.

Went to my recording room, set up drums, mic's set up (12 in total - kick snare 4 toms 2 china hat ride and 2 overs if your interested, mix of sm57, 58, samson drum mics ev kick drum blah blah). They all went into a Behringer Ultradesk i've got, adat out into m audio profire lightpipe interface, i've got that going into a TI chipset pci firewire card.

After creating all the tracks of drums in Cubase, and selecting the correct inputs naming etc, i played the track so the drummer could get a feel for the click volume with his playing. then, it happens. The audio drops every 30 seconds or so. :puke:

At first i thought it could be a corrupted project, so i exported the audio and tempo map, and started again to be sure, to no avail.

I got round it by changing the sync source in the m-audio driver settings to adat 1 instead of internal, and then all was well. I don't understand how that was affecting playback though? I only ask as i have recorded at home with the same setup, but a behringer ADA8000 as my preamps/adda convertors and its been fine with internal clocking. Could it be the Behringer desk? i don't think it's the computer or interface or sound card as i've done a lot work with this config before. The only things that have changed since my last multitrack recording is that i've moved out of the land of "try before buy" SX3 (shame) into legit C5, and i used the desk instead of the ADA8000. (So depressing forking out for the legit prime and then it fails on me! haha maybe its a punishment for my H2O sins :erk:)

Any and all suggestions welcome!