How can i record Saffire output in Cubase?

16S

all gods fail...
Apr 14, 2007
Reading, UK
Apologies, bit of a dumbass question:

-I want to record "internal" audio in Cubase.
By internal i mean stuff playing from a video on the web, or something straight out of WMP etc. In other words capturing direct audio from the PC

I have a Focusrite Saffire hooked up as an input interface and soundcard. When i used to have an internal soundblaster card I could easily record internal audio straight into Cubase.
Now with the Saffire hooked up acting as a sound card i dont know how to do this anymore....:oops:

Can you guys help please?

Hey mate, is it the saffire pro 56? There is a special "loopback" route you can select and then assign to a channel in cubase if so : D

Hi Kev,

No this is just the little white desktop box Saffire. I dont think it has the loopback function however...

I just tried a "hard loop". SAffire outputs plugged straight back into the line inputs. Its works but its not great because you end up with a feedback loop of course. Dunno how to achieve this thru . the software however.

with the "outputs plugged into inputs" set up i had to mute the master bus and have the recording track fader up - otherwise no signal to record....:loco: