Cubase 5 auto tune/ vari-audio range

Nebulous

Daniel
Dec 14, 2003
Brookfield, VIC, Australia
Ok, so I'm bored at work and not near my PC at the moment, but have a burning question about the built in auto tune of Cubase 5 - Vari-audio.
I have a violin part that I need to tune (just afew cents off), but the song has two key changes, going from Fm to Gm and then Am.
The part that I need to tune is played an ocatve above the main melody, but Vari-audio only lets me tune as high as C5 (I think, off the top of my head).
I checked afew of the settings/ options but couldn't find an option to allow me to extend the range beyond C5.

If need be I can re-record the violin in the original octave again, tune, then pitch shift it up an octave, but I think it would sound shit given that the resonance and random noise created when playing the violin would then sound un-natural.

Have I overlooked an option, or has the software been developed with a limitation?

Also, I might just point out that even though the part is being played an octave higher than the main melody, the main melody is well within singing range, so I'd hate to have a vocal that needs to go that high (power metal falsetto) that might require a slight tune.