Cubase 5 Click Help (I might be an idiot.)

462studio

462 Studio
Apr 26, 2006
Maine
www.myspace.com
Since I went from SX3 to Cubase 5 I've lost the ability to send my click out of the Audition bus instead of the main output bus. I preferred that setup because I could leisurely grab the Audition bus fader and crank/lower the click as needed.

When I go into the Connections window, and check off "Click" on Audition instead of the master, there isn't any click on the bus.

What the fuck am I doing wrong?

Keep in mind, both Master and Audition are using Output 1/2 of my Onyx 1200.

I enabled that, and I hear the click, but I'm still not seeing it on the Audition bus, I hear it when the main output bus and the Audition bus are muted even, but I can't control it via a fader like I'd prefer... Hrmm..

The way I do it in C5 is get Control Room going. Then I adjust the click level vs. music in there. To turn it on and off, I just hit <c>.

Unless there is some specific reason you need it on the audition bus, that may work out better for you anyway. Control Room is quite awesome for tracking.

The way I do it in C5 is get Control Room going. Then I adjust the click level vs. music in there. To turn it on and off, I just hit <c>.

Unless there is some specific reason you need it on the audition bus, that may work out better for you anyway. Control Room is quite awesome for tracking.

I'm going to have to spend some more time noodling with it. It's one of those things I've missed since I've upgraded from SX3 to 5 and just haven't had the time to figure out since I upgraded.

For some reason I just REALLY liked having it on it's own fader in the output bus section. It made it very easy to adjust on the fly.