Cubase 5: no audio coming from any channel, crashes constantly...

Calippo Tecks

Feb 6, 2005
Belgium
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/970622/9junicubase1.jpg

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/970622/9junicubase2.jpg

Something weird is going on, cubase runs very unstable and I have no audio coming from any channel, I have no idea what this could be. I tried different audio drivers and my fast track pro, nothing helps. Audio output configuration seems to be normal, I don't know how I got to this problem. Maybe I pressed a wrong button somewhere that I never use? Like the control room stuff etc, I don't know anything about that and never use it.

Looks a bit like you didn't choose a driver.
Click VST Audio System and tell us what's chosen there. :)

edit:
now that I read you installed the fasttrack driver. I think it could be that you updated your Windows with another Service Pack and different service packs need different drivers for the fasttrack sometimes.
Reinstall the right driver, choose it and see if it works then.
The Input latency 0.000 ms seems wrong atleast.
The fasttrack pro driver should be named this in Cubase: M-audio USB asio

I did select a driver, asio4all for my onboard soundcard and the fast track pro ain't working either so it has to be something else. I should've told you but the input latency 0 is normal, I configured it like this long time ago since I don't need any input on my standard onboard.
Thanks anyway.

There are many excellent freeware algo and IR reverbs...

These days you really don't need to be on the dark side.

Also i can see your name in that pic, so you may want to remove it for privacy reasons :)

Which free reverbs do u like?

I deleted the image, but I don't think it's illegal anyway, but that's another discussion.
(It's more like private testing of software, I don't make money out of it)

I've been using the QL Spaces demo and it's quite nice too, I might be getting that one in the near future or use some freebies.
I mostly need a good reverb for snare.

Stable software but getting weird bugs?
Smells of cracked plug-ins.

As Mutant said - there are a lot of great freeware or cheap plugins which will service you (and your machine) a lot better than some badly cracked warez.

Which free reverbs do u like?

I deleted the image, but I don't think it's illegal anyway, but that's another discussion.
(It's more like private testing of software, I don't make money out of it)

I've been using the QL Spaces demo and it's quite nice too, I might be getting that one in the near future or use some freebies.
I mostly need a good reverb for snare.
My favorites:

IR: Reverberate

Algo: Ambience, Ariesverb Alpha 0.4, Empire 2