Cubase 5 users??? Most annoying things about it??

Man, I've read the manual and seen 3 DVDs of tutorials! Watching the guys run through it made me realize my brain just isn't wired the same way as Steinberg. I'd take Playlists over Lanes any day, proper track grouping, and a singular smart tool instead of using all 9 or whatever of Cubase's tools, Beat Detective over nothing, a clean UI instead of one that's all over the place, proper routing instead of constricted routing etc. etc. Resisting.Urge.To.Rant.

I think part of the reason it's pirated so vastly is because paid users get virtually no support from Steinturd. If you find a bug here or there you may as well pray about it, as it'll give you the same amount of chance it'll be addressed in a prompt update. Say what you will about Reaper, but man do those guys have the right idea about quashing bugs.

What do you think about the new Studio One coming out? It's looking pretty cool. Made by the developer of Nuendo.

I'd love a smart tool also, like that a lot with PT and of course also a BD function which is just excellent. Never understood the playlist way of comping takes together though. I've watched a couple tutorials on it but always felt it'd be 10 times quicker and more intuitive with lanes. Track grouping I haven't had any trouble with really... grouping takes in the arrange window using ctrl+g and grouping channels in the mixer has always worked great for me. When I record drums I find it easier to just put all tracks in a folder track and use record/monitor on the folder. Routing they changed drastically in Cubase 4 I believe, but at least in 5 you can route anything pretty much anywhere you want.

Haven't had a close look at Studio One yet. Looks interesting though. The main thing about me staying with Steinberg, and probably will... is that it's the most hazzle free platform when you run UAD plugins. Also when you get used to a work flow and have a lot of projects going on, it's very hard to start learning a whole other DAW to be as quick and effective as where you are. Also backwards compatibility is an issue if you don't have the cash and space to really invest in a complete new system running besides what you already got going.