Cubase 6.0.3 MIDI event issue thing...

Jan 10, 2005
I have noticed an issue where if I have two MIDI events, when programming drums, and I open one of them to program hits in, then switch to the project window and open the other event I am using, both windows become the same event that I opened. Sometimes I need to have both open to move hits on one to match up with my mapping if I am using a different drum VSTi than the original MIDI was created for, etc. in order to see the original and move things for the one I have. I have looked around to see if there is some setting I need to change but no luck there. I am assuming it is just some weird bug in the program.

I realize I could just go in to the map editors and change the output note for everything, which I have done in the past. But the way I am used to doing it is faster, just quickly select the entire line of notes, move it up/down to where it needs to be, next, etc. I could do this in Cubase 4 and 5.

Video:

http://youtu.be/sEiFoPeboNw?hd=1

The 6.0.5 update does not address my issue according to the changelog.

Yeah I can recreate your problem. I'd just set them both to edit in-place, though you can't see the mapping then.

Yay, found the answer. Preferences>Editing, uncheck "Link Editors." :D