DigitalMetal

Building a Mini SSL
Jan 23, 2009
London UK
http://steinberg.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=10086

Cubase 6.0.3 / Cubase Artist 6.0.3 pre-announcement

by Helge Vogt » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:01 pm
Dear Cubase 6 and Cubase Artist 6 users,

Great things are happening here at Steinberg! Based on the invaluable feedback we received for the initial 6.0 as well as the 6.0.1 and 6.0.2 versions, we have used the last two months to further improve Cubase. These enhancements will emerge in the next 6.0.3 maintenance update and I would like to take the chance today to give you somewhat of an insight on what is to be expected:

1) Event handling opacity
When slip-editing an event, the event will now turn semi-transparent just like when dragging and moving it in 6.0.2.

2) Gridlines in front of parts/events
A new preference “Grid overlay intensity” has been added, which allows you to set the strength of the gridlines in front of parts and events seamlessly.

3) Zoom handling and part names
A new event display preference lets you customize how part names and data on smallest track height are displayed.

4) Support for Euphonix/Avid MC Pro remote control surface
An update for the Steinberg EuCon Adapter will be released together with Cubase 6.0.3, adding full support for MC Pro remote control surfaces in Cubase 6.

5) Folder track
When expanding a folder track, the track list now doesn’t scroll to keep the focus on the track folder.
The original issue is described in more detail at: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5906&p=41959#p41959

6) Audiowarp
a) When playing back warped material in a loop for an extended time, the audio quality remains intact.
The original issue is described in more detail at: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=8474

b) A warped audio event now stays in sync, even when placed in a part, with multiple splits and the project includes tempo changes.
The original issue is described in more detail at: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=7765

8) VariAudio
After flattening VariAudio modifications, the solo state in the Sample Editor will behave correctly.
The original issue is described in more detail at: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5864#p38677

9) Key Commands and Macros
Deleting a macro won’t render the application unreliable. Applying user-created key command presets won’t result in opening the Preset Browser.
The original issue is described in more detail at: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3294

10) Quantize
Iterative quantizing will behave correctly and approximate the chosen quantize preset and grid value.
The original issue is described in more detail at: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=7309

Thank you all for your extended feedback once again!

Please note that we aim to release the 6.0.3 update for Cubase 6 and Cubase Artist 6 by the end of July.

Thanks for choosing Cubase!

Helge Vogt
Product Marketing Manager Cubase
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Helge Vogt - Product Marketing Manager Cubase
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH

Thank christ, looks like they took the suggestion of calling the grid function AFTER the waveform/region function to take care of the transparent events issue!

Huge LOL at how many of the fixes are labeled as "behave correctly."

yeah i think it was hard for them to ignore for too long,
Good that they are not afraid to say things dont work though :)

Funnily enough i just sold my Cubase 6 Today as i never use it si the new owner at least has something to look forward to.

Already love the quantize panel's slice and crossfade functionality and now editing will become even easier. Awesome.

Guess it might be time for me to make the jump.

Anyone selling?

lol i had mine for sale for ages and nobody was interested,
Then i sold it today and i only listed it on ebay last night
Funny what a difference one update can make.

Can't wait for this update! Finally get to actually fucking use 6 for something other than an icon in my dock :lol: