Cubase is screwing with my work.. PLEASE HELP! URGENT

pikachu69

mixomatic 2000
Jun 7, 2010
New Zealand
I am going to sound crazy for saying this but something is going really really wrong for me at the moment.
I am working on a full length at the moment and am currently editing the drums by using the slip edit method described in 006's thread.
Here is the weird thing, I can spend a few hours working on some editing, finish up a song and it sounds good, all to the grid. Then I will go and work on a different song, When I go back to listen to a track I have already done, all of a sudden its all out of time again!! all by itself!!! WTF!! in one song all the drum tracks had not only gone out again but had also moved about 3 bars forward so they start well before the band. The issues are WAY to big for me to have missed while editing and its as though a new issue happens every time I re open a track.

Has any one had this experience, it is driving me crazy and I feel like I have indeed, gone crazy!

HELP!

any crashing in the middle of editing? if so you could be opening the original file you opened and be saving the work you do as a duplicate. I know before on a crash my work got saved in a different folder than the rest of my sessions. if youre crashing your work will be save as "*******-01"

other than that.... no clue. ive been using cubase for awhile and have never encountered anything like that. :guh:

Its interesting you brought this up because sometimes I'll slip edit in cubase, get everything tight to the grid then I'll reopen the project start to pocket the guitars and realize that the drum hits are ridiculously off the grid....like to the point where there is no way I could have missed it. I dont know what causes this all I can advise is two things that seem to have worked for me so far

Lock your tracks because sometimes when I'm moving stuff around and selecting multiple tracks I'll accidentally grab the kick track and fuck shit up without realizing it.

The other, which i started doing more recently, is bouncing edits in sections. I'll set the pre roll on and listen to alittle before each section I'm editing. If its good and not fucked in anyway I'll bounce it down.

Ever since I started doing these things it hasn't happend yet, but again this is all speculation.

No crashing at all, I can't remember the last time my computer crashed.

Koalamo, That sounds very much like the same thing I will try those things and see if it helps. Back to square one.

Lucky I backed up lol