Cubase LE 4....haha I'm upgrading but DFHS Assistance Needed...

poidaobi

Held in Hollows
Mar 19, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
I'll probably Upgrade to Studio4 (is that all I need? I just do home mixes with DFHS. I want VST Instrument support).

Anyway. With LE you have to make instrument tracks first.

However whenever I load DFHS I get this message "the mixer configuration expected 'drummer' to have Output 1 : Stereo".

I can't get any Output. Apparently it's a limitation whereby you can't load MONO VST's only Stereo?

Anyone know a work around until I upgrade?

No worries.

I'm going to get Cubase 4 shortly anyway. Do I only really need Studio? What limitations are there in Studio as opposed to the Full Version?

It asks you if you'd like to create a midi track for the VST (or whichever output). It automatically adds the instrument track and routes it. I like the workflow a lot. I'm sure my presonus coming with Cubase LE back in the day has me biased, but I tend to have very little problems with the program.

How do you get the VST working though? In SX3 you'd simply add DFHS for example as VST Instrument via F11 of going to Devices > VST Instrument?

Can you do that in Studio or do I need the Full Version?

That's all I need to know.

LAST TIME I CHECKED, it works fine in studio. If you're really worrying, call up Steinberg. They were friendly and useful when we spoke last.

LAST TIME I CHECKED, it works fine in studio. If you're really worrying, call up Steinberg. They were friendly and useful when we spoke last.

hahha. Calling them from Australia should be fun.

It's not so much whether it works. It's 'how it works'.

I want to be able to load it up as a VST Instrument via F11 like Cubase SX3 and not with an instrument track.

There Steinberg website is absolutely useless for Australian's. Trying to look where I can upgrade from LE4 but it's just American and Europe. Looks like the try and force Australian's to simply buy it flat out and not at a reduced upgrade price.

I use Studio 4 for everything these days. It does the F11 instrument window, it's great. In a nutshell, Cubase Studio has everything that the full version does, except for surround mixing, and a few bundled plugins, and some other obscure things I always forget.

That being said I will upgrade to Cubase 5 full this year, just because.

I use Studio 4 for everything these days. It does the F11 instrument window, it's great. In a nutshell, Cubase Studio has everything that the full version does, except for surround mixing, and a few bundled plugins, and some other obscure things I always forget.

That being said I will upgrade to Cubase 5 full this year, just because.

I just saw I can get Cubase 5 Full for $499 AUD. As I'm a 'student' *cough*.

Plus our dickhead PM is giving us all $900 for a stimulus package I can get that.