cubase usb key

aramism

Dec 2, 2006
New York, NY
www.myspace.com
question. if you already have a copy of cubase 4 with the usb key is it possible to get an extra license for like let's say a studio and just purchase the extra license at a lesser price or you have to pay full price??? does anyone know this?

nevermind i spent a bunch of time on the cubase forums and it seems they have a rigid ass usb policy as it is. you can't even replace a usb key if it's stolen. fucking nazis lol.

but anyway, guess that squashed that idea i had.

Yeah. Cubase P0wned.

That's why the company can suck a dick. I have said it before: if there was a hardware emulator for mac I would use that and store my key in a lock box. I already had one break in half (the plastic broke off) luckily it still worked so I could transfer it to another key.

You must have only one license, I have broke the key 2 month ago, and it was a pain in the ass to get a new key with another license....10 days without working

Don't you have to send them the broken one to get a replacement? It's absurd to me that they do this. But it's also kinda ridiculous that the keys are getting broken...mine stays in my Apple keyboard and haven't had a near death experience yet. I would have much preferred they used iLok instead, so far I've only used mine for trying demos of some plugs but it would be much easier to get replacements if it broke, yanno?

~006

i mean i don't even have cubase i was just asking hypothetically.

with cubase it seems retarded the way they view the keys. supposedly they claim that you are purchasing the license not the program so if you lose the license you lose what you bought. they use the analogy that if you lose a watch you cant calle rolex and get a replacement.

smart people look at it as, if you buy a house and lose a key, you get a key, you didnt lose the software, you lose the key. its ridiculous for you to buy another $500 full version of cubse for a friggin key.

If your key is broken you must sent the broken one , but this is not a Steinberg rule, is the syncrosoft that menage the licenses.
If you lose it you are in the total shit I think......

ther is a fact...Aramism, if you buy a house and loose the key probably if is winter you will take some cold, but the house is still yours.
If you loose the key you have lost the program because some motherfuckers tell at steinberg ...I lost the key......Steinberg sent the key and the motherfucker have 2 keys= 2 licence....this is the reason.....
I know that is a shit, but like I said befor, i lost 10 days of work to wait the key, and lucky me becouse I sent the broken key.
Exuse me guy for my sloppy english......

Wait, Cubase doesn't use an ilok? Why the fuck not? And is their key more fragile than the iloks or something? Furthermore, my ilok just sits sticking out of the back of my laptop doing nothing, how do you guys manage to break your keys?

I have to bring my key to gigs because we run cubase live and im just waiting for it to be lost/stolen/broken the fact that if/when this happens i have to buy cubase again essentially is pretty gay there must be a better way. I really dont see why i have to pay another 500 quid just for a little bit of plastic