get cubase 6 ai for free (legal)

hoehlentroll

Mar 15, 2007
Mannheim, Germany
Note: I just found this on the net. As long as you have Yamaha Hardware (which is bundled with Cubase Elements 6 AI) I doubt that it is illegal. However it works without having to provide any serial number of the hardware or anything.
!!If anyone find this method disturbing or illegal I'm absolutly willing to put this down. It's just meant as a heads up for everybody.!!

Cubase 6 AI is a cut-down version of Cubase 6 packaged with some Yamaha/Steinberg hardware. It is more fully featured than LE and slightly less than Elements. It can be 'legitimately' downloaded and fully licensed for both Mac and Windows 32/64. Includes Halion Sonic SE and supports Rewire too! Just follow the instructions below.

1. Create a free MySteinberg account

2. Log in to your MySteinberg account and download and install the LE/AI/Elements Trial version for PC/Mac

3. After installing, run the elicenser LCC app and make a note of the soft elicenser serial number (you'll need it to get the AI license).

4. Get your free Cubase 6 AI license key (make sure you're still logged in to your MySteinberg account)
NOTE: In the box marked 'Choose Product' select 'Other Yamaha hardware'.

5. Fire up the LCC app again and enter the activation code. Select the soft elicenser in the left hand window and click on the 'Download License' button to create your Permanent Cubase 6AI license. If you have a USB elicenser, you can put it straight on that.

6. Finally, download and install the 6.0.5 update (The Elements update works with AI)

If you enjoy the AI version, the license entitles you to a 50% discount on Elements too! You'll get Cubase Elements 6 for 39,90€

i followed your instructions and got cubase license and updates with no problem thanks! legit version

so i dont have the disk to install. if i install the trial does it just default to being ai if i have the ai serial in my eLCC? Is there some way i can download it from steinberg?