All Slate Digital Plugins Free for 6 months!

*edit* this is actually happening now.

I sent them a video with the midi bug (trigger stops playing until you create a new track and/or de- and reactivate the plugin) a year ago - without success.

It's a pain in the ass to work with trigger and midi and hopefully your method has more success haha. But good to know that Steven cares about his costumers. Maybe there's a little hope for an update in the near future.

Trigger went from stable to completely useless for me over the last two weeks. I've had zero issues up to this point, and now it's crashing ProTools, completely inaccurate, and when it doesn't crash, it won't spit out audio. At all. No updates to my system at the time this started happening, and a total wipe and re-install of the OS drive and all programs hasn't remedied the situation.

Trigger went from stable to completely useless for me over the last two weeks. I've had zero issues up to this point, and now it's crashing ProTools, completely inaccurate, and when it doesn't crash, it won't spit out audio. At all. No updates to my system at the time this started happening, and a total wipe and re-install of the OS drive and all programs hasn't remedied the situation.

if you haven't tried out DRT already, I'd seriously consider it. Takes about 10 minutes to make a perfect, phase accurate MIDI track from the audio. By no means set and forget like trigger is to use, but equally that tiny bit of extra time spent getting it right is worth it.

if you haven't tried out DRT already, I'd seriously consider it. Takes about 10 minutes to make a perfect, phase accurate MIDI track from the audio. By no means set and forget like trigger is to use, but equally that tiny bit of extra time spent getting it right is worth it.

I've really become a big fan of DRT too. I used Trigger for years, but it causes me more problems than it's worth. I just did a live show for a band. With Trigger it would have taken me 40 minutes to play the show through and get the midi. Then I'd have to hope it didn't crash before I got it to a MIDI channel.

DRT took me a few minutes to do all the tracks.

I use drt to create MIDI for trigger.
Although keeping in mind that MIDI in on Trigger 2 is completely broken.
I did however get the following from support a while ago,

"Please try placing an instance of "Xpand!2" before Trigger 2. I have attached an image for clarification. This seems to be a workaround that works for most. Please let me know if you have any questions."

"Please try placing an instance of "Xpand!2" before Trigger 2. I have attached an image for clarification. This seems to be a workaround that works for most. Please let me know if you have any questions."

sounds interesting but there isn't any picture:lol:

€: But it seems to work! Thank you :)

I've been using DRT in combination with Trigger for the last few years. DRT does take some work to get the MIDI sample-accurate. I find myself going through every single trigger point, which is time consuming but worth it in the end.

I met with Alex (trigger dev) today - incredibly nice, clearly patient dude who has met/Skyped with some other users experiencing the same issue, and we're in a small minority; apparently there are only 15-20 of us.

So while the 'plugin wont pass audio' issue still evades us, apparently the MIDI issue is related to the protocol itself. Audio has a reliable, standardized measurement in the form of samples, but MIDI doesn't - it uses ticks by protocol, which can vary in how they line up to 'sample' based measurements. So while a lot of the file may be dead on, it is totally possible and even expected to get midi that isn't phase accurate to the audio. Frustrating as I love working with MIDI for replacement, but apparently something I'll have to work around.

PT has a hack built it to force the MIDI sync to samples rather than ticks; this is something AVID did separate from anyone else and apparently violates standard MIDI protocol and could have something to do with why PT is so wonky with MIDI in general. I have a feeling this is why DRT works so damn well vs other midi conversion methods.

That's all great info. It's weird to me that Slate has been fielding public comments about this for 2 years that they wouldn't just release this info that actually explains the situation.

I haven't been using it for midi really, but I just updated to PT 12 and Trigger is now giving me that "plugin won't pass audio" nonsense. I wonder if it's worth hitting up their support.

Any "midi capable plugin" works, I use instead structure... less ram and cpu is used lol

I've been using DRT in combination with Trigger for the last few years. DRT does take some work to get the MIDI sample-accurate. I find myself going through every single trigger point, which is time consuming but worth it in the end.

Exactly! sometimes as I said here before, it does some mistriggering, it triggers a transient some milliseconds ahead of it
but in the end DRT is the way to go in PT for me
Fortunately I use trigger 2 and works in my host (hackintosh mountain lion and PT 11)

So it's now CreSlateive Live?
I'll doubt that they'll show any competitors plug-ins at all.. Because the pros only use Slate™..
Meh, I already thought a lot of stuff was overreaching before.. It's going to be the Slate toilet-seat, Slate skin-lotion, Slate diapers for the really busy producer..

EZSlate, Auto-Slatune, Orchestral SymphoSlate, SlateDonalds burgers, abortion pills Clean Slate, Slatemas tree, Slatey Mouse, A.C Slater..

My thing with Slate Digital is that I feel like I'm getting fucked over after buying literally almost every single plugin.

Now new users can buy them on a subscription and get more value for them than I do! ... It's BS.

I feel like older/loyal customers should get a better deal on new stuff. Plus I just want to OWN it. I don't treat plugins like fucking magazines.

Also, SSD 5 needs to come out soon.
Not being able to use SSD 4 on my 13 inch MacBook because of the resolution is so annoying. Plus, routing the drums in 4 is the most convoluted process ever.
I'm about to buy EZDrummer 2 and forget about it if they don't fix this.