All Slate Digital Plugins Free for 6 months!

Got the email and thought it looked like one of those poorly done scam commercial (scammercial?) were you can loose a huge amount of weigh in no time or get rock solid erections that will last for hours. Pretty irritating.
haha, absolutly, i exactly thought the same about it

Plugin subscription is for idiots.
You paying for the same EQ reskinned multiple times.
More and more really affordable stuff becomes way better than Slate or Waves.
Klanghelm,BOZ,etc.etc…

Have you tried Major Tom by Stillwell Audio?
A nice 160 clone if you ask me and VERY affordable.

Ooh I forgot about those. I thought for some reason the last time I looked into them that they didn't have RTAS/ AAX versions but they do now. I'll be demoing that for sure!

Anyway on the Slate stuff, I'll probably demo the new eq's, and I need to update my VMR anyway since I'm still using the version without the trim module, then cursing it every time I need to flip a polarity. I'll only buy them if they're FANTASTIC and different than what I already have, and when they go on sale.

DISTRESSOR PLEEEEEEASE

Something I've noticed:

There have been zero Slate releases where people on this board haven't gotten bitchy about it.

Something I've noticed:

There have been zero Slate releases where people on this board haven't gotten bitchy about it.

Well if you read the above posts you should understand why.

It has been said multiple times, the deal he has put in place is not where we all expected him to go.

Now while there is no rule that says he must look after all old customers first and foremost it does seem like the whole free months and vouchers thing is a case of 'smoke and mirrors'

I don't want free months, A few days trial to test is all I need and if I wanna buy it I will based on my first impression.
You only get a coupon if you subscribe, which really means you have no need for the coupon.
If the buy price was more reasonable we would not be having this conversation.
On average I am paying between $20 and $99 for Waves plugins these days and while Slate does better quality work he can't justify $149 for a module when I brought the whole VMR for that price.
His larger programs like VCC and VTM deserve their price, it is just the new VMR scheme that has my back up because that seems to be his new format of choice so it means missing out on most new releases unless the price changes.

As far as Gobbler is concerned I think that is how the subscription is managed.

I got the 2 month demo yesterday.
Today I had to do some mix revisions of a few sessions and used VTM and VCC and loved what they did.
I am probably going to go with the $20/month when the demo runs out.

EDIT
I take this back.
High mid 4-5k fizz with slate pulling the stereo image in a bit. Really obvious on my HD650 cans.
I used the default settings on VCC 4k and used 16 track 465 30ips for VTM
I replaced VTM and VCC on a mix with satson and reelbus and am much happier with the result.

I cannot seem to link the iLok and Gobbler accounts. The "Submit" button glitches out on me.

Do you just need an iLok account, or do you need the physical dongle?

I cannot seem to link the iLok and Gobbler accounts. The "Submit" button glitches out on me.

Do you just need an iLok account, or do you need the physical dongle?

Ilok account and Ilok 2 needed.
Everything worked first time for me but I have read of people having problems

New eq's? Meh, I have enough EQ's already.

Would have got more excited about new compressors, only one on the horizon is the blue 1176 which I already have covered with the CLA plugs.

Seems a really steep price for the new EQ's too compared to the whole VMR thing.

I really just want a lpf on the EQ modules already in VMR. All buttons in on the 1176 would be great too.

I like the Slate stuff, and it works well on my setup but Im not interested in the subscription service.

I also hope $100-$150 is not going to be the base rate for new VMR plugins, $50-$75 I could dig but $150 for an EQ that nobody was asking for is steep imo

I got the 2 month demo yesterday.
Today I had to do some mix revisions of a few sessions and used VTM and VCC and loved what they did.
I am probably going to go with the $20/month when the demo runs out.

EDIT
I take this back.
High mid 4-5k fizz with slate pulling the stereo image in a bit. Really obvious on my HD650 cans.
I used the default settings on VCC 4k and used 16 track 465 30ips for VTM
I replaced VTM and VCC on a mix with satson and reelbus and am much happier with the result.

Holy crap.

I've been using Satson and Reelbus for a bit now with the idea that I'll "upgrade" to VTM and VCC down the line. This is making me rethink that...

Well I tried FG-X for the first time ever today (through this program) and I absolutely love what it did to my track. Got the four month trial.

...and don't even put Waves and Steven's plug ins in the same category.

I can make a few comparisons between Waves and Slate where Waves comes out on top.

1. Waves are the most stable plugins I own. I have had numerous crash issues with Slate.
2. Waves actually updates their plugins after release, while I've been waiting a year and a half for a Trigger 2 update. How long did we wait for AAX VCC?
3...that's pretty much all I have right now.

Both of them have their pros and cons, and I own a lot of plugins from both companies. Steven Slates ambition is probably going to be his downfall if he keeps spreading himself and his company's resources so thin.

I can make a few comparisons between Waves and Slate where Waves comes out on top.

1. Waves are the most stable plugins I own. I have had numerous crash issues with Slate.
2. Waves actually updates their plugins after release, while I've been waiting a year and a half for a Trigger 2 update. How long did we wait for AAX VCC?
3...that's pretty much all I have right now.

Both of them have their pros and cons, and I own a lot of plugins from both companies. Steven Slates ambition is probably going to be his downfall if he keeps spreading himself and his company's resources so thin.
All of these things. Slate is definitely breaking more ground but he's also breaking more sessions.

Can't really disagree with that ^

I wonder how long he'll be offering this free trial for? Maybe I could wait 6 months and jump in once some new compressors appear?

I can't install Gobbler. Does anyone have the same issue? It says "Service 'Gobbler Downstream Proxy' (GobblerProxy) failed to start..." I tried searching this on google but there is no answers. :(