All Slate Digital Plugins Free for 6 months!

Hi guys, thanks for the discussion. If you already own Slate Digital plugins, definitely get the free trial and check out the new Custom Series, they are getting some of the best reviews out of any plugins we've released, and you'll hear why. They are certainly not just another EQ, I assure you. Also, the new LX480 reverb simply smokes everything I've heard in plugin reverb. I owned a Lexicon 480 for nearly ten years and this thing nails it 100%. I really hope you guys enjoy it all, and remember when it's over you have no obligation to do anything.

Regarding the subscription, it's a great option for a lot of people but not everyone, so that's why we are keeping the same perpetual licensing system we've always had. And we've not raised prices either, the VCC comes with two modules for $149, and the Custom Series comes with two modules for $149. The VMR Mix bundle was priced more aggressively because we wanted to launch the platform.

BTW, if you do get that free extended trial for a few months, you'll get another bunch of free plugins too, and we have some killer stuff in the works.

Regarding stability, all Slate plugins are currently stable and the majority of users on new 64bit systems are having zero problems, and that's according to our support desk.

Cheers,
Steven

Steven, or anybody else who knows, when you do the subscription and get the $99 voucher, is it redeemable for Slate drums as well or only Slate Digital products?

Regarding stability, all Slate plugins are currently stable and the majority of users on new 64bit systems are having zero problems, and that's according to our support desk.

Do you say "Slate plugins" to differentiate from "Stephen Slate Drums" in an effort to make this statement factual because Trigger2 is technically part of the latter?

Add to the users that has issues with that Gobbler thing. Ilok doesn't even allow let me click on the "allow" button.

Please hit up support www.slatesupport.com

Steven, will you be offering the LX480 individually soon or should I just purchase it from Relab? Is the LX480 going to continue to be a standalone product or become a VMR module?

No the LX480 is not going to be VMR, and it is only available for purchase from Relab. Bitchin reverb, best ITB by far to my ears.

Steven, or anybody else who knows, when you do the subscription and get the $99 voucher, is it redeemable for Slate drums as well or only Slate Digital products?

Just Slate Digital shop.

Do you say "Slate plugins" to differentiate from "Stephen Slate Drums" in an effort to make this statement factual because Trigger2 is technically part of the latter?

Not sure what you're getting at here.

Cheers,
Steven

Trigger2 has been 90% stable for people, but there are issues some people have such as yourself. So that is why the programmers are working on an update. Unfortunately updating troublesome bugs that are hard to recreate is not easy. I'm sure Jeff you understand that we don't WANT there to be problems, we want to fix them. But it takes time and beta testing, which is what we are doing.

Cheers,
Steven

So why not alpha/beta test with people who have the problems you're having so much trouble recreating?

I would be more than happy to help out with testing iterative updates on the plugin, but every single time I've logged a support ticket on the issue I'm just told that you're "working on an update" and that I can't be given a timeline (not even an indicator of whether it'll be weeks/months/quarters/years) on it. This doesn't help either of us and just breeds bad will.

Hi Jeff, as soon as we have something ready for beta testers to check out, you will know about it, I assure you. Things are being worked on with TRIGGER as I type this.

Cheers,
Steven

I had a "small" issue. Just now when I loaded a project in Cubase 8, I got an iLok subscription refresh prompt. It told me that my license was going to expire in seven days. FG-X is the only iLok product I have on this product so far. It's not supposed to expire until December. I'm trying to figure out who I should contact about that? Slate Digital, iLok (good luck with that, right?) or Gobbler?

I had a "small" issue. Just now when I loaded a project in Cubase 8, I got an iLok subscription refresh prompt. It told me that my license was going to expire in seven days. FG-X is the only iLok product I have on this product so far. It's not supposed to expire until December. I'm trying to figure out who I should contact about that? Slate Digital, iLok (good luck with that, right?) or Gobbler?

it will automatically refresh every month until your free trial ends!

Any news on this Steven? You guys are busy releasing brand new product lines so I hope you're also working on bugfixes:

http://www.audiolegends.com/

I'd be curious to see if CLA is getting phase accurate drums with trigger because I'm most certainly not.

the gate is the only thing I'm using from it any more which is a shame considering I own a fair amount of TCI's that now have no use. :rolleyes:

I'd be curious to see if CLA is getting phase accurate drums with trigger because I'm most certainly not.

the gate is the only thing I'm using from it any more which is a shame considering I own a fair amount of TCI's that now have no use. :rolleyes:

This is a great point, but it looks like Steven thinks we're taking the piss:

pasted_image_at_2015_10_29_12_27_pm_1024.png

I'm not sure what else I can do at this point other than sell off every other Slate plugin I own (although now that subscriptions are a thing and you've tanked resale value...) and tell others not to buy from the company considering their attitudes towards tech debt and bug fixes.

It bugs me that you can run a business (and start new ones) while completely neglecting a founding customer base.

Steven, we both live in Los Angeles. Why don't you come over to Silver Lake and I'll show you how fucked this plugin is in person if you don't believe me? *edit* this is actually happening now.

^ Things like that and the requirement for iLok are the reason why I don't own any other Slate products besides SSD 4 Custom (I really like it and haven't really had other problems besides the inablility of importing some of my own oneshot samples to the sampler, not really a big deal to me but still...), I'm definitely not going to change that because of the many issues people are having with the plugins that don't ever get fixed (I may be getting SSD 5 when that comes, I hope there is a crossgrade from the SSD Custom this time).

It doesn't matter shit how good the plugins sound if they are buggy as hell and the countless times promised bug fixes never see the daylight.

well, if he went in person to jeff's place to see the plugin, that means he cares. Jeff let us know the outcome!

Damn, I missed that part of the message, I quess I have to take some of my words back now... :erk: That is great customer support there, I'm also very interested about the outcome, let us know if things did got solved out.

This is a great point, but it looks like Steven thinks we're taking the piss:

pasted_image_at_2015_10_29_12_27_pm_1024.png

I'm not sure what else I can do at this point other than sell off every other Slate plugin I own (although now that subscriptions are a thing and you've tanked resale value...) and tell others not to buy from the company considering their attitudes towards tech debt and bug fixes.

It bugs me that you can run a business (and start new ones) while completely neglecting a founding customer base.

Steven, we both live in Los Angeles. Why don't you come over to Silver Lake and I'll show you how fucked this plugin is in person if you don't believe me? *edit* this is actually happening now.

This is starting to become the nail in the coffin for me in regards to Slate's stuff. Already didn't want an iLok in the first place...