All Slate Digital Plugins Free for 6 months!

I can make a few comparisons between Waves and Slate where Waves comes out on top.

1. Waves are the most stable plugins I own. I have had numerous crash issues with Slate.
2. Waves actually updates their plugins after release, while I've been waiting a year and a half for a Trigger 2 update. How long did we wait for AAX VCC?
3...that's pretty much all I have right now.

Both of them have their pros and cons, and I own a lot of plugins from both companies. Steven Slates ambition is probably going to be his downfall if he keeps spreading himself and his company's resources so thin.

This. Slate is a flash in the pan as far as I'm concerned/hope for the good of audio software. This trend of releasing bullshit and not supporting it despite running 8 other companies and "pushing the envelope" on monitors+mixing desks+mics+plugins+hardware gear... it's going to eat itself

All of these things. Slate is definitely breaking more ground but he's also breaking more sessions.

HAHA quote of the year

Let me clarify. I think Slate is doing cool shit, but he just does not have the team to support his ambition.

Anyone remember all of those painful-to-read, groveling, long bullshit emails he was sending out back when we were all waiting on updates for AAX support on a few of the plugins?

That was a perfect example of how far behind he falls on his past projects.

This motherfucker definitely has "shiny object syndrome".

He has all these great ideas and projects worth pursuing, but basically abandons his past projects once they're completed because he seems to be throwing all this resources into the next project. This means anything you buy from Slate has a high likelihood of becoming worthless a couple years down the road due to lack of support and updates.

I will say this though:

The subscription model sucks for consumers, but it is AWESOME for businesses. It creates predictable month-to-month revenue, which means they'll be able to hire more staff and budget things much more accurately. In the long run, this could mean better products and support in the future. That is the silver lining of the subscription model, assuming he's putting the extra revenue towards expanding his team, and not is bank account.

Weird, Slate stuff has been rock solid for me. I stuck with VST2 64bit.

Same - VMR forced a long overdue hardware upgrade, other than that, all smooth - and I'm running Reaper, which I would imagine be at the bottom of the DAW testing priority for them.

I'll also add, the common thread with most people's problems seem to be pro tools related.

Same - VMR forced a long overdue hardware upgrade, other than that, all smooth - and I'm running Reaper, which I would imagine be at the bottom of the DAW testing priority for them.

I'll also add, the common thread with most people's problems seem to be pro tools related.

ProTools user here, and I have zero issues with any of the plugins (besides Trigger2 shitting the bed from time to time, but it's such a minor part of my workflow that it really doesn't effect me much).

Yeah even though I had a few bad things to say about the current Slate business model I can't fault their plugins.

I have run them on 3 different machines, a current mac book pro, a Current Toshiba Windows notebook and an older desktop using various versions of Cubase from 6.5 - 8 and also Logic x and they all performed flawlessly.
As a small time engineer I don't have access to a pro studio so his plugins made a huge difference to my overall sound.

Still not gunna buy any new shit or sign up to a subscription and I own everything he has done including most expansion samples etc so yeah, I have supported you, Steven, but I feel pretty unsupported right now...

I like VMR and VBC. I just recently started using FG-X through this new program and I've fallen in love with that. VCC is hit or miss with me, though everyone seems to rave about it. I haven't tried VTM yet.

I'm blown away by the people who have zero issues. I've even run into issues where updating the plugins to a new version causes old sessions to think I'm missing the plugin entirely. Backwards compatibility with the same exact product is pretty important.

I had some strange issues with updating the plugins through this program but I was able to resolve them (somehow) in short order. The only time I've ever had issues with Slate's plugins is when using VST3 in Cubase (I don't think I ever tried VST3 Slate plugins in Sonar). They crash. Every time. Without fail. I started using VST2 and it's been all smooth sailing since.

I'm blown away by the people who have zero issues. I've even run into issues where updating the plugins to a new version causes old sessions to think I'm missing the plugin entirely. Backwards compatibility with the same exact product is pretty important.

Cubase user here, also zero issues with Slate plugins. From Cubase 7.0-7.5-8.0 literally no issues at all...

Btw, I think Trigger setup didn't come with the link when you redeem your free months?

It's also asking to activate FGX and whatnot... I really don't want to install Gobbler.....

TjcG3Ww.png

i got 4 months. Pretty cool of slate to offer up to 6 months for free in my opinion. I had the usual ilok issues but got it sorted eventually. I personally wouldn't sign up to a subscription but looking forward to try some of theese plugins :)

Cubase + Slate user here. Zero issues. I own all Slate plug ins except for Trigger.

I understand most Slate hate is over Trigger/Pro Tools? Must be why I've never had problems, just great sound! I've gotten lucky I guess.

Btw, I think Trigger setup didn't come with the link when you redeem your free months?

It's also asking to activate FGX and whatnot... I really don't want to install Gobbler.....

TjcG3Ww.png

Trigger is not included as it is a separate Slate company.
Only mix based plugins, EQ and comps from Slate Digital etc are in this deal.

Just give another company your email adress and you get an extended trial version of our plugins. That is what the newsletter should say.

I really like some of their plugins but I hate the way they do their marketing.
OUR PLUGINS ARE BETTER THAN ANY ONE ELSE´S! YOU GET EVERYTHING FOR FREE RIGHT NOW! WORTH A MILLION DOLLAR! AND YOU GET IT FOR FREE! REALLY! OH, YOU DIDN´T GET THE IDEA?! SORRY, WE´LL WRITE ANOTHER NEWSLETTER. YOU GET EVERYTHING FOR FREE! RIGHT NOW! WORTH A MILLION DOLLAR!