-----2-2-2-2-2-0^2^3^2^0-2-2-2-----2-----2-2-2-0^2^3^2^0-

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------trill--------
--5-5-4-3---------------------------------------------5----4-1^2-------
-----------2-2-2-2-2-0^2^3^2^0-2-2-2-0^3^6^3^0----2---------3-2-0

:kickass:

haha, i LOVE that one, its hard enough to play articulately on guitar, so i would imagine DCB is right about the bass!

Thank you for not picking anything off Gloria. That album sucked. There was one song on there i liked i guess, but fucking horrific album. Spleandor was cool as shit though.

I've never got into Gloria very much either. It's just so much different I guess. But "Back To Times of Splendor" is full of great riffs.

I've been playing "Rediscovery pt. I" everytime I pick up my guitar for warm up. The intro/main riff and the descending 5/8 part down the neck is just gorgeous and fun to play.

For the heavy stuff, every riff in "Domination." Also, the main melody from Trans-Siberian Orchestra's "Wish Liszt," pretty much every riff from "Beyond This Life" from Dream Theater, and the clean and distorted riffs in Queensryche's cover of "Scarborough Fair." They did just a kick ass cover of that song.

Speaking of Zep...

Speaking of which...they are reuniting for a concert in London in dedication of Island Record's Ex-Owner dude...which is going to be probably the biggest show, financially and just all around, since their breakup.

I would go in a heartbeat but tickets are probably 1000 bucks and even if they weren't I can't afford that & a plane ticket lol.

I'm sure they will tour again in the U.S. after this!!! -excitement begins-

The day before I heard about this reunion show, I read a Chuck Klosterman interview with Robert Plant in which he said (basically):

"When Jimmy (Page) and I get together, it's so hard to make it work that no one else can fit in the picture, I.E. John Paul Jones."

AND

"John Bonham's son (Jason) just ain't as damn good as John, now is he?"

This interview took place just a couple years ago. The reunion lineup?

Robert Plant-Jimmy Page-John Paul Jones-Jason Bonham

I found that really funny. :lol:

I cant believe they are doing it. Im not being negitive but I really hope they can pull it off, they are OLD and believe me I HATE saying that. What I heard from the Stones tour was pretty bad, at least I thought. Never a big Stones fan but I do appreaciate who and what they are, as pretty much the first bad boys of rock, but Im not sure they should be trying to do it anymore. Aerosmith is getting pretty ruff live too.

Todays riff is a Testament riff Im learning. Damned if I know the name, its a burnt CD for songs to learn and play with my drummer. "Alone in the Dark"? Im guessing, solo sounds like Skolnick to me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
--4---------------------------------5-----4---------------------
-----2-2-2-2-2-0^2^3^2^0-2-2-2-----2-----2-2-2-0^2^3^2^0-

--------------------------------------------------------------trill--------
--5-5-4-3---------------------------------------------5----4-1^2-------
-----------2-2-2-2-2-0^2^3^2^0-2-2-2-0^3^6^3^0----2---------3-2-0

:kickass:

I kind of worked it out in my head and it sounds totally cool. I don't recognize the song though. What is it?

I cant believe they are doing it. Im not being negitive but I really hope they can pull it off, they are OLD and believe me I HATE saying that. What I heard from the Stones tour was pretty bad, at least I thought. Never a big Stones fan but I do appreaciate who and what they are, as pretty much the first bad boys of rock, but Im not sure they should be trying to do it anymore. Aerosmith is getting pretty ruff live too.

Todays riff is a Testament riff Im learning. Damned if I know the name, its a burnt CD for songs to learn and play with my drummer. "Alone in the Dark"? Im guessing, solo sounds like Skolnick to me.

Yes, yes...and yes.:headbang:

I kind of worked it out in my head and it sounds totally cool. I don't recognize the song though. What is it?

It's the Sirens part of The Odyssey. Here's the transcription: http://www.divshare.com/download/2036145-5d4

The bass pretty much doubles the guitar, carbon-copy. I could never get those 5-notes-per-beat trills down quick enough on bass. There is a variation on the riff (when it goes into straight eighths feel) - this part is considerably easier.

Which just made another pop in my head, not sure its along the same lines but

Let it Roll - Little Feat

not exactly what I call "riffs" though. i know the rest of the world has a different interpretation at least according to tab. In tab everything is a riff and probably has to be, Riff A, Riff B, Riff C, ect. I divide the terminology up a bit more. Strumming is a rythmn, Picking is picking, single note stuff is a line or a run and a riff is chunking out chords but thats just me and my self taught ways.