Current tour amplification?

umasser2004

Mar 2, 2004
So I remember seeing the videos of the Melloboat gig and a couple of us noticed the guys were using Marshalls during the set. A couple ideas were thrown out there, such as it being borrowed equipment since it was a boat, etc. I'm not seeing them for another week and a half so I was wondering if anyone who has seen them since then can confirm whether they have indeed switched to Marshalls or if they brought the trusty Laneys along with them. And if they are using Marshalls....I wonder if the album was recorded with them?? Thanks guys.

I see, Mike's rig must not have been visible on the melloboat video. I'm glad he didn't change. Laney's have a much nicer sound than Marshall's.

I actually really liked Fredrick's tone at the show I saw. Mikael was louder but during parts that Fredrick played by himself I thought the tone rocked pretty hard, even the clean tone.

But seriously, we're comparing a $10 bill to 10 $1 bills. Both are equally good, but some people prefer one over the other for different reasons.

I actually really liked Fredrick's tone at the show I saw. Mikael was louder but during parts that Fredrick played by himself I thought the tone rocked pretty hard, even the clean tone.

But seriously, we're comparing a $10 bill to 10 $1 bills. Both are equally good, but some people prefer one over the other for different reasons.

I like your analogy. I just think the Laney's have a very nice crunch on the distorted channel, and obviously the clean channel is fantastic. Marshall's are very nice don't get me wrong. It also depends a lot on the player, and I'm sure Fredrick has achieved what he's looking for in the Marshall.

well unless its changed i believe mikes guitar went through boss gt6 or gt8 thrn to clean channell on amp live not sure what Fredrick does . also ther sound guy will change the sound to suit the number / venue accustics ect.

Strange i remember mike and peters guitars being similar in voulme and each being quite clearly heard.

:headbang:

Mikael Åkerfeldt;7079103 said:
Fredrik and Mendez was in charge of picking up my Laney at the rehearsal room as I had other obligations, but they forgot it there, idiots! Haha!

We used the rental stuff and it sounded good. We used Marshalls many times before in festivals when we can't have Laneys. They're always top of our list and many times we travel with our own backline but for some festivals we'll have to deal with whatever's available. I like Marshalls too!

Taken from the other thread bout the molloboat gig. Hardly anyone seemed to see Mike saying that and kept talking about their theories well after he posted that. Hope that answers things

Taken from the other thread bout the molloboat gig. Hardly anyone seemed to see Mike saying that and kept talking about their theories well after he posted that. Hope that answers things

Oh wow, good call man. Completely missed that. Thanks