Current working setlist for guitar hero 3..

nailz

Nov 11, 2002
San Francisco
Visit site
This fucking list ROCKS. I don't think it's coming out for PS2, which makes me sad, since I'll have to buy an Xbox 360 guitar, but these songs will fucking be worth it.

We are still waiting for a Blind Guardian song for GHIII. The final setlist has not been announced yet.

The current setlist is:

* "3's and 7's" – Queens of the Stone Age
* "Barracuda" – Heart
* "Cherub Rock" – Smashing Pumpkins
* "Cities on Flame with Rock and Roll" – Blue Öyster Cult
* "Cult of Personality" – Living Colour
* "Even Flow" – Pearl Jam
* "Go That Far" – Bret Michaels Band
* "Knights of Cydonia" – Muse
* "La Grange" – ZZ Top
* "Lay Down" – Priestess
* "The Metal" – Tenacious D
* "Miss Murder" – AFI
* "Mississippi Queen" – Mountain
* "My Name Is Jonas" – Weezer
* "The Number of the Beast" – Iron Maiden
* "One" – Metallica
* "Paint It, Black" – The Rolling Stones
* "Paranoid" – Black Sabbath
* "Raining Blood" – Slayer
* "Reptilia" – The Strokes
* "Rock and Roll All Nite" – Kiss
* "Rock You Like a Hurricane" – Scorpions
* "Sabotage" – Beastie Boys
* "School's Out" – Alice Cooper
* "She Bangs the Drums" – The Stone Roses
* "She Builds Quick Machines" – Velvet Revolver
* "Slow Ride" – Foghat
* "Suck My Kiss" – Red Hot Chili Peppers
* "Talk Dirty to Me" - Poison
* "Through the Fire and Flames" – DragonForce
* "Welcome to the Jungle" – Guns N' Roses

That's a pretty cool list... I wonder how many of these will be master tracks vs. cover versions?

I'm sure I'll pick this up, but I'm looking forward to Rock Band more.

I'll get the game, and it will be fun, but there are quite a few terrible songs on that list.

I think the list is great, I only see maybe 4 or 5 tracks that I dislike.

I've also seen reported that Hammerfall's "Hearts on Fire" is going to be in the game but it hasn't been officially confirmed.

I'll get the game, and it will be fun, but there are quite a few terrible songs on that list.

Don't forget MTV has their hands in this one I believe, or is it Rock Band, all in all, it could have been worse.

Barracuda – Heart
"Cult of Personality" – Living Colour
* "La Grange" – ZZ Top
* "Lay Down" – Priestess
* "The Metal" – Tenacious D
* "Mississippi Queen" – Mountain
"The Number of the Beast" – Iron Maiden
Raining Blood" – Slayer
* "Rock You Like a Hurricane" – Scorpions
* "Sabotage" – Beastie Boys
* "School's Out" – Alice Cooper
* "She Builds Quick Machines" – Velvet Revolver
* "Slow Ride" – Foghat
"Through the Fire and Flames" – DragonForce

those are worth the price for me.

I'd love to hear the reasoning behind picking Metallica's One. There are about 30 other Metallica songs I'd rather try in that game.

I'd love to hear the reasoning behind picking Metallica's One

I'm thinking they probably want One in the game because of how the song is structured. It starts off with that slow motif, followed by the accoustic flourishes here and there. Then, you have the vocal section and the parts where the electrics boom in. The person hearing this song for the first time thinks this song is a pushover so far, but he has no idea that the song is about to erupt into a triplet firestorm. I'm thinking people might get the same reaction to it as they did when they played the intro to the Shadows Fall song for the first time in GH2.

But yes, I agree with you. I'd rather play some other songs besides One on GH3. I'd kinda like to play The Four Horsemen ... but hey! At least, we get Metallica on Guitar Hero for once :headbang:

Since this is going to be for the PS3 as well as the Xbox 360, it makes me wonder if any additional songs will be downloadable in the future (I though I remember reading something that said that may be the case, can somebody confirm?). Would be cool if they would allow people to add their own songs, but I guess I can see how the record labels and the RIAA would get their panties all in a bind if people start trading songs around for play on GH3. Would be cool, though.

I read it will be on PS2 and Wii as well (gamespot info page). I don't know which of those 2 systems I'd get it for. On the one hand, I've gotten used to my ps2 guitar and I wouldn't have to buy a new one. On the other hand, the tilt sensor is going out and the Wii will have downloadable content and the wii remote will serve as the tilt sensor in their guitar.