custom distortion plugin? is it possible?

vincentgun

New Metal Member
Jan 19, 2010
is it possible to create a custom distortion plugin like tse or somethin?
is there a special program?
i might sound like an idiot but im jus curious lol :lol:

Yea its a bundle from this brand called CUSTOM X. They have a interface that you can just build your own plug in because building a plug in is super easy, doesnt take any electrical engineering or science. Its a pretty mindless operation! They also make a plugin that you put on every channel and it will mix your whole session.

is it possible to create a custom distortion plugin like tse or somethin?
is there a special program?
i might sound like an idiot but im jus curious lol :lol:

Dude, its an incredibly long, boring and hard thing to do, you need to know your maths, computers and all that jazz :D

There is no easy way around sitting there, all day for hours non-stop, typing strange codes and patterns into a computer, it will take weeks/months to finish a pedal sim, and if you mean an AMP sim, then holy fuck is that going to take even longer :D

But if you really want to try, you should ask Onqel, who made TSE X30, or Ken from ABG about it, because they know their shit:lol:

Yeah you can build your own, http://synthmaker.co.uk/
or you would use a more direct development environment (Visual Studio) and code it yourself. If you have the will to do it then you can do it. I was coding in C when I was 17 years old.

I don't get the responses here, you guys want him to give up without even trying. I think that's the wrong attitude.

You guys are mean! I'm going to tell my dad!

1266852186288.jpg

Best is to learn c++ and use Cockos WDL/Iplug. Then about a year learning how to actually read schematics, and all the dsp :) A solid understanding of a/b a etc amps, transfer functions, blowby, polynomial waveshaping, lookup tables, crossover distortion, hehee the list goes on and on :)

And even then, there aren't many variations in actual distortion.

I use cockos JS scription(very close to c) to test algorythms that I make, then port them over to c++.

IMO find other ways to get the sound u want, like paying me to make u one :)

~Rob.

or you would use a more direct development environment (Visual Studio) and code it yourself. If you have the will to do it then you can do it. I was coding in C when I was 17 years old.

I teach my students how to use SynthMaker to create simple instrument keyboard VSTs.

I'm currently learning how to make AUs for Mac OSX, for a multichannel plug-in that I need to develop as part of my PhD.

Really worth learning, 'cause EVERYONE needs plug-ins.
If you make a good one, people might even PAY for it.

holy shit :OMG: this stuff sounds pretty advance. i shant ponder on the subject any longer. thank you friends for replying. lol:lol:

I don't get the responses here, you guys want him to give up without even trying. I think that's the wrong attitude.

thank you. seriously everytime here someone asks a question they know nothing about people always come and give shit or in this case, sarcasm. CMON PEOPLE!!! WE"RE SUPPOSED TO BE A METAL COMMUNITY!!!! im a girl by the way.

thank you. seriously everytime here someone asks a question they know nothing about people always come and give shit or in this case, sarcasm. CMON PEOPLE!!! WE"RE SUPPOSED TO BE A METAL COMMUNITY!!!! im a girl by the way.

Its because some people here word their questions very stupidly. I believe this thread would of went much better if you would of asked:

"Hey how would I go about making my own plugins for guitar amps or does anyone know what goes into it?"

But instead you asked if THEY MAKE A "MAKE YOUR OWN PLUGIN TYPE OF PLUGIN" ........

So you kinda set yourself up.:p