Cymbals, drums. Question for Anders or any drummer

Razorfever

New Metal Member
Apr 29, 2003
Hello, i would like to ask Anders or anyone who knows; what cymbals did he use in the Projector recordings? I think they sound great, specially the hihat and the crashes.
Also, any practicing tips for speed and control specially for hands?
Thanks a lot!

It seems to me that Jivarp doesn´t visit this page too often so it quite hopeless for you to wait for an answer.
Nowdays he uses Zidijan cymbals..so it possible that he used them on Projector era..maybe he had something attached to them.
(And I am speaking like I know something.)

I'm guessing those are Zildjan cymbals as well... for a pro drummer, its either them or Sabian from what I know, and if hes using Zildjan now...

Tho I haven't played for long, general rolling is useful for building up speed and and making certain your hands/sticks don't hit each other. The first roll of Punish my Heaven is good for practicing at keeping a steady bass beat while you go tom skipping if you feel up for that, which is handy...

Reactions: Ormir
Term like double-stroke are quite usefull when performing blast-beat..so I have heard..

np: DT - Nightfall by shore of time

Nah, it's not like DT have ever been big enough to be "endorsed" by any equipment manufacturers... Until "Damage Done" that is; Michael Nicklasson plays Sweagle basses exclusively.

actually, playing double strokes has nothing to do with blast beating...which is incidentally a pretty decent excercise for building up hand and foot speed and independence. A blast beat in its one-footed variety is simply the right hand and right foot playing together, with the left hand on the snare playing the upbeats...basically playing a single-stroke role with the hands, half of that with the right foot. A two footed blast would simply entail adding the left foot with the left hand. Hope that helps.

...by the way, somke call this a "grind" with a blast beat only describing when right hand and left hand play at the same time, with the feet playing single strokes at twice that tempo.

Because I am not a trummor I dropped out from the wheelbarrow.. but,
"A blast beat in its one-footed variety is simply the right hand and right foot playing together, with the left hand on the snare playing the upbeats" <- For me that sounds like a "black" beat that is used by bands like Dark Tranquillity (Gallery for ex.), Dark Throne...

Should I just shut up and wait for the folks to discuss about something from which I know something?

<- For me that sounds like a "black" beat that is used by bands like Dark Tranquillity (Gallery for ex.), Dark Throne...
That is a blast beat. Dark Tranquillity use blast beats in, for example, the end of "Scythe, Rage and Roses".

yeah, the difficulty is that while usually that is reffered to as a blast beat, sometimes people do draw a distinction between that, calling it a grind, or whaterver, and the more death metal blast beat.

So, Anders doesn't visit the forum very often, huh? Who of the DT members does, then? I didn't see any of them here (yes, I know that I've seen too little yet)... Is it possible to catch, for example, Stanne in the Internet?

@onyx: here's the basic info:

niklas = nickname hedon (he's the other mod, or should i say i'm the other mod, but we consult each other only for momentous decisions that are likely to shake the very foundations of the world :p) he posts here whenever there's any news concerning the band, plus a few other times for spam like "birthday" threads. ;)

mikael = nickname zodijackyl. posts ever so rarely, mostly reassuring stuff for me when i'm boring everybody here with my analyses of dt lyrics. he tells me it's ok, the men in white are not going to take me to the bad place yet. :p

michael = nickname warwick. he's the most frequent poster out of the band members. you just start talking about alcohol or cooking and he'll be here in no time. ;)

anders = nickname double_t_jive. he posted just once 'cause he wanted to thank me for a shirt i bought for him. i keep on forgetting to tell niklas to warn him of the existence of this thread, sorry. :cry:

martin b. = nickname ::.:martinb. posted once when we celebrated his birthday. :)

martin h. = nickname none known. never been here, unless he's lurking as a guest. ;)

rahvin.

rahvin said:
martin h. = nickname none known. never been here, unless he's lurking as a guest. ;)

Well, he has certainly read some of the posts here - and if I'm not completely mistaken, he has even posted here once. Can't remember his nick, but he has used the letters OAV on other occasions, so I wouldn't be surprised, if his nick here was something similar.

-Villain (NP: Death - Spiritual Healing - "Low Life")

Reactions: rahvin