D.A The Art of Dying liked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

estigma2001 said:
Barlow has 2 notes but Blaze just one lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hotjump:
im talking about heavy metal not thrash metal!!!!
Tom its better than Blaze also
Ozzy is the father and has more range than Blaze
may Blaze its similar to Chirs Barnes!!! no Chris has his high pitch growl and his low growl but Blaze just one note sorry, if you like it its ok, but.....

LOL, Dude,....You missed the point completely. You couldnt miss the point any
more....than you did.
Let me walk you through it so I only have to type this once.

I used Ozzy and Tom as examples of singers who dont have any range now
because of your comment about singers like Blaze without range or versatility
and you were clueless to what I was getting at. Let me explain it to you, I
was using your logic against you and you missed the boat. lol.

Ozzy never had much of a range but after 25 years of cigarettes, drugs and
booze his voice is SHOT. If you hear his recent material or listen to any recent
live recordings you can tell he sings everything in the same key and has no
range.

Tom Araya had a pretty good range but after 19 years
of drinking and smoking pot his voice is SHOT. He has no range.

Why do you think Slayer tunes down as low as they do now?
Because they have to because Tom's voice is SHOT.

Listen to Tom's opening scream on Angel of Death and then listen to it
on War at the Warfield the most recent known live recording I know of. You
will clearly see his range is gone and his voice is shot.

There is no versatility in their voices anymore. I'm not taking away from what
they do but the truth is the truth. The human body is delicate and nothing lasts
forever. If you abuse your body it will take its toll.

Here's an exception. Ronnie James Dio. Listen to his most recent live
recordings and then go back to 1984 and listen to Holy Diver. Sounds almost
identical doesn't it? Dio is older than Ozzy but Dio was never a chain smoking
alcoholic drug addict like Ozzy, therefore Dio has kept his vocal range and his
singing ability whereas Tom and Ozzy wrecked theirs. It's just honest, factual
and true.

Blaze can outsing Ozzy at this point because Ozzy is 25 years older
and has spent 25 more years using his throat singing than Blaze
thus their vocal chords are going to be different condition.
You can't fairly compare a 55 year old man's singing with a 35 year old man's
singing. It's like Dale Jr racing against me.
Additionally, Blaze hasn't spent the better part of his life chain smoking
cigarettes and consuming assloads of every drug known to man and drinking
endless amounts alcohol the way Ozzy did. Cigarettes and Alcohol destroy
the throat. Comparing them would be like comparing apples and Buick hubcaps.

Tom has to scream and growl. Blaze actually hits real notes musicians can hear
when they read music and play music. It's just the truth whether or not
you like the music.

You are so misguided it's unbelievable. Rationale has escaped you.
I recommend coming back down to Earth friend.

Additionally, Blaze hasn't spent the better part of his life chain smoking
cigarettes and consuming assloads of every drug known to man and drinking
endless amounts alcohol the way Ozzy did
OF - I've been drinking with Blaze (albeit years ago when he was in Wolfsbane). The man can drink. Don't know about the drugs, but he used to like his beer in the old days.

:kickass:

Who the hell is this Blaze person and why are we talking about him on the DA thread??

DA is a killer band and I don't like to read these posts saying they suck. ActIII is a classic! They were so ahead of their time with that release..they are true poineers. They tried something different when there were a lot of other bands out there that were doing a lot of the same stuff over and over.

The name of the game is INNOVATION...this commands waaaaay more respect than the bands that put out the same formula release after release! I won't talk shit about them..even if I don't like the new one (this is highly unlikely though). I'm looking forward to hearing it.

Estigma,

Yes, I loved Act III, the difference between Act III and the new one is, that yes, Act III did a lot of experimenting but they kept it heavy with some great guitar riffs, the new one seems to have forgotten to include heavy guitar riffs, not including the first track that is - Thrown To The Wolves is jam packed with them and is one of the best tunes they've ever written, but I can not get into the rest of the album at all

phodg said:
OF - I've been drinking with Blaze (albeit years ago when he was in Wolfsbane). The man can drink. Don't know about the drugs, but he used to like his beer in the old days.

:kickass:

That's pretty cool. I'd like to drink beers with Blaze.

The passage of my that you quoted was refering to the amounts of
alcohol especially hard liquor that Ozzy used to drink.

I doubt Blaze used to down gallons of Vodka as hardcore as Ozzy.

SteveMetal said:
Estigma,

Yes, I loved Act III, the difference between Act III and the new one is, that yes, Act III did a lot of experimenting but they kept it heavy with some great guitar riffs, the new one seems to have forgotten to include heavy guitar riffs, not including the first track that is - Thrown To The Wolves is jam packed with them and is one of the best tunes they've ever written, but I can not get into the rest of the album at all
you are right in some aspects at first i thought the same but now i thibnk that is a killer album more in your face vibe, very motorhead, yeah i would like more "experimenting" but aint 1991 anymore, thrown, thicker, prophecy, word to the wise, land of blood, never me are killer songs for me there's no weak song here, its the kind of album thta grows in you!!!!!, dying to see them live:headbang:
my fav of all time is act III

Well, I got a copy of it too ... there are some amazing moments. Some Ultra Violence moments ... some Act III moments ...

Some songs eerily sound like a fast Motorhead, like "Thicker than Blood".

"The Evil Incarnate" sounds like a Trouble song in the first half and the second half sounds like Sabbath ... especially Marks singing ... listen to this and tell me otherwise ...

A great comeback, nonetheless, but still the new Exodus takes the cake ...

Well, after hearing the album I have to say it's great! I love it. They have stayed true to form..it's a total Death Angel album all the way. The vocals are great and they are still really old school punk influenced. I don't think it should be compared to Exodus at all. They've always been two completely different bands and have never had similar music. I don't know what everyone expected out of them but I think it's a really great come back album. It's mature and still has some of the experimental qualities of Act III. I'm stoked that this band is back in circulation!!:headbang:

I finally heard it... I really didn't want to believe anyone and forge my own opinion and I must say that i've never been so disapointed by an album since metallica turned gay ...

I give it 3 out of ten TOPS! The only cool thing about this is the production that makes this album sounds so 80's...

Most of the songs suck... Thrown to the wolves is cool, so is thicker than blood but the rest is crappy...

Damn... my expectations were so damn high :(

*listens to act 3 and doesn't understand who those guys could come up with this sucky record*

I give it 3 out of ten TOPS! The only cool thing about this is the production that makes this album sounds so 80's...
I am not sure what you were expecting, but the album is definetelly not gayer, as you say, than Act III for example. I think you should pull out those old DA records to realize it is not a departure from the old sounds.

It is definetelly growing on me. I works better if the songs are played at random.

The Evil Incarnate is an awesome tune ...

lurch70 said:
I am not sure what you were expecting
I was expecting a bit more thrash than that...

lurch70 said:
but the album is definetelly not gayer, as you say, than Act III for example. I think you should pull out those old DA records to realize it is not a departure from the old sounds.

It sounds weak... yes it's weaker than ACT III ... why? Act Three had some insame rhythms and tempo changes... It had some pretty nive acoustic stuff too! Act III is my favoraite from DA.

lurch70 said:
It is definetelly growing on me. I works better if the songs are played at random.

The Evil Incarnate is an awesome tune ...

By the time I replied to you post, I had already listenned to the album 10 more times... still not doing a thing for me... I'm very disapointed... Exodus is still the album of the year! And frankly, If I weren't such a thrash metalhead, I'd say that Orphaned Land's new cd is the album of the year... This ain't...

I think the album is great; the versatility, the musicianship is unparalleled.
while not a balls out thrash album there is certainly enough heavy stuff to satisfy me and any long time da fan.

MindInsane said:
Ahh..that explains why I've never heard of him...didn't want to hear Maiden w/o Dickinson.

When looking at that picture of Layne, man... that makes me wanna cry. What on earth made this man kill himself... wish he had never touched all that dope.

Layne Staley: The best vocalist ever.