D V D news

i'd rather buy it straight from the band , of course.
it's just, well, it was due the 28th. and now there's this delay again. and so i was a bit dissapointed.:erk:

toolsofthetrade said:
ah i see, i thought having a label in between would ease things up for a band (distributing), and will take costs out of yer hands.
but i see what u mean.
Sure a label would already have a distribution network, but theres nothing stopping the band from going directly to distributors. It takes a bit of work and discipline but its well rewarding. Remember Anathema are an established band and theres a demand for their releases.

pagan2002 said:
heres the story... the record label who took over music for nations have decided they do not want to release the DVD that we spent a long time preparing. so now i am looking into the possiblity of us releasing it soon ourselves, maybe selling it at a reduced price at gigs... this is only a possibilty at the moment...
there will be a statement soon enough.

Selling it at gigs would be great. The only problem is i really did want to have the DVD before i have grandchildren. I live in Portugal.

pagan2002 said:
heres the story... the record label who took over music for nations have decided they do not want to release the DVD that we spent a long time preparing. so now i am looking into the possiblity of us releasing it soon ourselves, maybe selling it at a reduced price at gigs... this is only a possibilty at the moment...
there will be a statement soon enough.

Here´s a constructive ideia, why dont you sell it online? Like marillion did with their new album.

toolsofthetrade said:
ah i see, i thought having a label in between would ease things up for a band (distributing), and will take costs out of yer hands.
but i see what u mean.

all you see is $ $

ikeaboy said:
so who wants copies?? bambi? youve got that o'neils sports bag ready?, we're going down moore street! :hotjump:
speaking of illegal copying am i supposed to be copying summat for you?? im starting to worry about me memory these days, im gonna wind up like yer man in momento :erk:

annyways moore street if full of gooks russians and fuzzy wuzzies these days, you dont sell anything there unless youre triad, mafia or yardie :tickled:

Strangelight said:
Sure a label would already have a distribution network, but theres nothing stopping the band from going directly to distributors. It takes a bit of work and discipline but its well rewarding.

Remember Anathema are an established band and theres a demand for their releases.
i know that Duncan - there's a big underground heritage, and the band basically is trying to build up on top of that.
But isnt the sale of your releases a reflection on how established you are? In other words: shouldnt Anathema have been 'bigger' than they are now?
Can they overcome a situation like this, this spiral of labels collapsing, and still be able to sell well when they have to take care of loads of stuff themselves?

Bambi said:
speaking of illegal copying am i supposed to be copying summat for you?? im starting to worry about me memory these days, im gonna wind up like yer man in momento :erk:

annyways moore street if full of gooks russians and fuzzy wuzzies these days, you dont sell anything there unless youre triad, mafia or yardie :tickled:

ill don my leather trench coat, have them all lined with the goods, and try to fit in, or we could just stand outside the tommys, what ya reckon?

yea youre supposed to have 30 dvds copied by tuesday mon, i thought you did that?

toolsofthetrade said:
i know that Duncan - there's a big underground heritage, and the band basically is trying to build up on top of that.
But isnt the sale of your releases a reflection on how established you are? In other words: shouldnt Anathema have been 'bigger' than they are now?
Can they overcome a situation like this, this spiral of labels collapsing, and still be able to sell well when they have to take care of loads of stuff themselves?
Trying to build? Anathema are hardly underground anymore, Im sure the sales figures would tell you that, as well as the turnout at gigs. I guess you're bypassing the basics here cos I can't understand what you're getting at really. The story is - a lot of people want to buy Anathema stuff = it can be sold, one way or another. The band is in a good position now, I dunno why people think the MFN collapse is bad news, its fucking great news for them. Regarding the DVD, well now all the label politics that you lot were all moaning about months ago (not being able to put the old songs on the DVD) count for fuck all now cos its up to the band now. Thats a good thing surely? Redoing a DVD, pressing it, and sending it out to companies/stores doesnt take rocket science either.

bleedingobvious.jpg

I understand that, and I guess if I was an artist I'd be happier with the independent situation, but why do a lot of bands still want to sign to a -- minor or major -- label?