Dakryn's Batshit Theory of the Week

Guns are a tool designed to cause crippling injury or death. Cars or candlesticks or whatever else you want to bring up were not created expressly for the purpose of causing death.

Does not matter, death is death regardless of the design or original intent of the "tool".

@ Zeph: MoL mentioned child fatalities so I responded to that. In fact, Traffic Accidents Top Cause of Fatal Child Injuries. These statistics are worldwide. Accidental gun deaths are so minimal it didn't even get a mention.

Does not matter, death is death regardless of the design or original intent of the "tool".

@ Zeph: MoL mentioned child fatalities so I responded to that. In fact, Traffic Accidents Top Cause of Fatal Child Injuries. These statistics are worldwide. Accidental gun deaths are so minimal it didn't even get a mention.
These statistics are worldwide. And it's no coincidence that vehicular death is so high considering the abysmal safety standards most of the world has. Not to mention that gun control and availability are dramatically different elsewhere, which is minimizing the relevance that the gun issue has to this country.

No one is saying that we need to get rid of everything that is dangerous. I'm not even saying that accidental gun deaths are an epidemic. The point is that comparing guns to insurance was beyond daft.

These statistics are worldwide. And it's no coincidence that vehicular death is so high considering the abysmal safety standards most of the world has. Not to mention that gun control and availability are dramatically different elsewhere, which is minimizing the relevance that the gun issue has to this country.

No one is saying that we need to get rid of everything that is dangerous. I'm not even saying that accidental gun deaths are an epidemic. The point is that comparing guns to insurance was beyond daft.

I was over simplifying it. Obviously there are differences. The comparison was in "it's there when you need it", but having it doesn't mean you are living in fear. The difference as you stated was you can't kill anyone with an insurance card/policy.

Here's the US's CDC statistics. Guns still don't get a specific mention while Transportation is "off the charts".

CDC Child Injury Statistics

Based off of this information, your child is safer with a gun in the house than a pool in the neighborhood.

So you want dismiss my use of statistical rarities, but allow for yours when you talk about how gun ownership would prevent one of the 10 or less crazy maniacs who goes on a killing spree each year? Interesting.

I can guarantee you, the odds of one being a hero (more like an hero, amirite?) are a lot less than the odds of something bad happening.

Nope, just felt like posting stupid because of the fact that gun debates are retarded. Pro-gun advocates can argue every reason why guns aren't bad yet the people who are against guns will never listen and vice versa. In good hands, guns aren't dangerous. In an idiots hands, they're extremely dangerous, we know this, we all know this.