Dallas Star-Ledger: Dream Theater's lead singer a nightmare

Mr. Shred-ididle said:
Can you give me any examples? like a song when someone does it?

Bee Gees were the only ones that really made it sound good, like on Staying Alive

And IT IS very often used on power and heavy metal, labrie doesnt use it as he used to (thank god), rob alford sings in falsetto most of the time, tony kakko uses it a lot ... etc etc

Progbass said:
I think every player in maiden and bruce are over rated, The compositions are simple and vocal parts sound pretty weak to me, I don't like the way bruce sings, like he's never hitting the right note, just screams, lol...

Got that straight, to say the least. :hotjump:

I realize tha James has vocal limitations.I also realize that he doesn't have the powerful voice that many other singers have.BUt I have never seen him suck at a live performance.He's had performances that weren't 100% but none that I would consider poor.

James is atleast a professional level singer even if his voice isn't very popular with people.I saw CHris Cornell sing on Saturday Night Live once with Sound Garden and his voice was very bad.None of the power you hea on the CD's and he missed about 30% of his target pitches.So sometimes James makes up for his flaws with good consoistency