Damage Done

Phyrexia

Cat With Nine Claws
Jun 3, 2002
My god, what a masterpiece!!!

I got my hands on a copy a couple weeks ago, and it has not been taken out of my cd player since!

This album is bringing back a lot of the agression they lacked in Haven (even though it was a great album). I don't know what to say, Damage Done leaves me speechless, it just fits together so perfectly. This is already my favourite album of 2002 so far!!

Has anyone else here gotten their hands on it?

:D <--- One incredibly happy DT fan

Yes, I have heard most of it, and I think it sounds like a really great album. More aggressive than Haven, a bit back to the earlier stuff.

But I have my doubts that Damage Done is such a masterpiece as Haven. Haven was so unique, DD is maybe more "standard".

But only time will show, I`m really looking forward to the release!

I'm just glad to hear it's good, not that i expect anything less out of DT, someone a while ago on this forum said they heard it and did'nt like it..................... Oh well probably not a DT fan?.

But i loved haven and i do think it will be a tough cd to follow

Well for the sake of keeping people out of any trouble with record companies I cannot say any names.

However I can say that knowing people in the industry can be helpful for getting advance copies of cds :cool:

redbeef: So yeah, it is released in July. And yes it is only a CDR, but I still have it :)

phyre: You took the words right out of my mouth!

I must confess to you you I`ve stolen some songs from DD and hm I will not do it anymore but wait until 22.7. thats better
but It seems to be very very great
but my final opinion will come if I can hold the whole dics in my hands and now I can just say it will blast the wondefull haven away
but only with some songs its to early to judge over it
but I will not be dissapointed

Tracklist:

1. Final Resistance
2. Hours Passed In Exile
3. Monochromatic Stains
4. Single Part Of Two
5. The Treason Wall
6. Format C: For Cortex
7. Damage Done
8. Cathode Ray Sunshine
9. The Enemy
10. White Noise/Black Silence
11. Ex Nihilo

@phyrexia: apart from not naming any names, maybe it would also avoid trouble and/or distress if you could mention it a little less, especially in detail (now, of course satisfying phyre's or anyone else's curiosity is not a problem), since some ppl here feel like they're better off just waiting for the official release date, and after all it's not so happy for the band that dd has already leaked so much. ;) nice nick, btw, if it comes from where i think it does. :)

rahvin.

Well I dont think saying song titles will hurt anyone, since I've already seen most of them elsewhere (ex: websites, magazines), and all I said was that the album is totally killer, which gives other DT fans even more to look forward to!

And my name comes from Magic: The Gathering, Thanks :D

Originally posted by phyre
rahv, it's not like everyone doesn't have the track listing already...

uh, i didn't mean that at all. :D didn't even see it posted before i wrote mine, actually, which means i'm getting slow. :)
of course i was just referring to the "i like it a lot and i got it here, there and there because of bu, bu and bu". ;)

rahvin.

edit: still slow. :mad: as for the nick, i guessed it right. and concerning the thread, i wasn't implying you did anything bad - and nothing about the tracklisting anyway - just suggesting to perhaps stop a little while before spoiling the fun for some. :)

Hmm,

I can also say that Damage Done is what it was meant what everyone hoped it would be. I can say that I couldnt think of a more appropriate name as well! I mean you hear all the time bands saying that they are incoporating stuff from all their previews works on their new cd...

Well DT have actually done that!!
Damage Done is gonna blow you away I promise. It has the guitar work of the Gallery, The aggresiveness of Mind's I, the depth of Projector and the freshness of Haven... Anyway, you have to listen to it to see what I mean!!

And I must say that no matter if you have manage to get a copy of the CD before it's out or not, you will definitely have to get the real thing when it's out as there is gonna be a really nice bonus thingie inside, hehehe..

I just have listened to Damage Done ! It's really good work! It has some thing from Haven and i think, it's closer to Haven than any another album! I like it a lot! Damage Done has new drums style and Mikael's vox is more deep! Also guitar stuff is good and diverse! Keyboards become to the back layer!

I think it might be closer to Haven in terms of song structure and the keyboard backdrop, which ties in perfectly without overdoing it (great work Martin B!).

I can't say it has a new drumming style. It's vintage Anders again. What you mean it might be the sound. Dark Tranquillity achieve a unique sound in every CD. IN DD, the drums are so fucking powerful it's arousing!