Damn heatwave

Symphony

PQ member
Jan 8, 2002
Southampton, UK
www.power-quest.co.uk
How's everyone holding up in the blazing heat we are having here in the UK?

Got to say I'm struggling.....don't like the temperature above a reasonable 22-25 degrees but sleeping at night is proving a mission impossible.

To compound the issue.....took my Dad to see some cricket in Cheltenham on Tuesday and picked up a nice bit of sunburn for my troubles. My Dad (being 80 years old) doesn't seem to think it's too bad as he managed to sit out in it all day. Finally a breeze picked up and he says "Do you think it's getting a bit chilly?" :)

:lol: Your dad sounds like a right laugh! Made of different stuff those generations. My mum will quite happily bake out in the sun.

Living in London isn't the best way to avoid heatstroke - my office has zero AC, neither does the packed-out underground and I live on the 4th floor of a place which just channels alllllll the heat of the living spaces below into it. :hotjump:

It's a different kind of heat! I spent a week in Turkey and the temperatures hovered around 44 degrees. It was nowhere near as uncomfortable as it gets in the UK when our temperatures start to rise.

"Bloody snow, cold as a witch's tit, where's the sodding sun?"

*a week of middling temperatures*

OHHHHH it's sweltering, I can't catch me breath, I'm sweating cobs, I'm wet through, it's too muggy!

- The British Weather Cycle :lol:

I wouldn't call it freezing at the moment, but I have surprised by how cold it's been in the past week or so. Today, in particular, while cycling home from work (at around 6:15pm), I couldn't believe how chilly it was, in August of all months. But yes, it is something of a relief. I am definitely not a hot weather person.

Gotta admit, it only started cooling down in my country now, while in most other european countries it started already 2 months ago or so. Quite sad I had to go through this extended heatwave but it's finally going away now. Cool, fresh air finally.