Damnation Digipack?

It only said limited edition, not that there'd be something special on it. I hope Damnation is released as one, too. I like unfolding it and staring at the artwork.

My copy of Deliverance is a digipak (Damn it :mad: )

I fully expect Damnation to be a digipak too (Damn it :mad: )

I would prefer it if neither of them were, but that's the way it goes, either buy the album when it comes out here and get it as a digipak, or wait a few months for a jewel case. Yeah right, like that'll happen...... ;)

Needled24Seven said:
once more digipack is not cardboard

In the case of In Absentia it was. Worst packaging ever. But digipaks like Nine Inch Nails' "Broken" are awesome.

TrevJ said:
In the case of In Absentia it was. Worst packaging ever. .
Yeah, I was kind of pissed off about that packaging too... Then I realized that it's a limited edition, so it's worth holding on to. I'll probably eventually update to the jewel case if I come across it...

Needled24Seven said:
once more digipack is not cardboard

Technically speaking it is ;) What makes a digipack a digipack is the fact it is made of cardboard but has the plastic inlay inside. (i.e. cardboard cases ala Kranky aren't digipacks)

It just so happens that many digipacks are also special editions and have extra tracks. By definition a digipack relies on the packaging and has nothing to do with the content of the CD :)

@needled24seven. Yes, Digipaks are cardboard and has nothing to do with bonus tracks whatsoever. Digipak is actually a brand name and they make cardboard cases with plastic inlays. The only real digipak i can find in my collection with the actual brand name printed on the plastic tray is 'the more things change' by machine head. Deliverance "digipak" is actually made by a company called pozzoli (you can see this on the top and bottom edges of the plastic tray). So much like vaccum cleaners are often referred to as "hoovers" (a brand name), so too are cardboard cd cases generally referred to as "Digipaks", it has become a term used based on a particular manufacturers prominence in the field, ok. Hope this clears up any arguments. In case anyone is also wondering what "jewel case" means, this is just a standard plastic cd case. :D