Damnation Game?

BrooklynBorn

New Metal Member
Apr 5, 2003
I've been to a few Symphony X shows (3), and have never heard anything off this album... And the only songs I hear from Twilight in Olympus are Smoke and Mirrors and Church of the Machine. I assume it must be some legal thing, but can anyone just verify so I can sleep better at night?

Nope, they just dont feel like playing songs off of The Damnation Game at recent concerts :). I saw them play shows when V came out and they did "Dressed to Kill" at those, and also "THrough the Looking Glass"

Yea all the set lists i have seen include the same songs, why dont they play olds songs from the first album like masqraude or taunting the notorious or something, i would love the hunting :cool:
also other songs from divine wings like out of the ashes, candlelight fantasia(full version). orion the hunter and the relic are cool twilight songs also

Sorry, to ruin the show guys but Sx played dressed to kill from the damnation game - cd when they were in Belgium presenting their V-cd a year and a half ago. I thought it was so awesome that I immediately bought that cd :headbang:

I don't know BastrdDrmr, it is hard to say...all these cd's sound so different especially live. Dressed to kill revealed a side of sx I hadn't seen or heard before so it was a cool discovery!! (don't get me wrong sea of lies is so incredibly awesome!!!)

I saw them in Aurora on March 6th (Romeo's B-Day), and while their set was INCREDIBLE, I wish they would've played the following...

A Winter's Dream (Pt. II)
The Edge Of Forever
The Eyes Of Medusa
The Divine Wings Of Tragedy
Candlelight Fantasia
The Relic
Through The Looking Glass
Fallen
Absence Of Light

Prismatic Sphere said:
I would sell my left nut on Ebay if they would play "The Edge Of Forever" and "A Winter's Dream"(I+II) live.

Yeah, more Twilight songs too.:cool:

They did at least play "The Edge of Forever" at Progpower 2 in the US. They even dedicated it to the people on the mailing list.

Glenn

I don't know how long SyX played (on average) during their headlining tour early this year, but when I saw them in Cleveland they only played for 90 minutes. Honestly, I was a bit disappointed. However, they played Inferno, Wicked, Accolade II, Awakenings and King of Terrors from Odyssey. That's pretty good coverage for the new album. The played Evolution, Communion..., and I think Fallen from V. They played Smoke & Mirrors and Church of the Machine from Olympus. They played Of Sins and Shadows, The Accolade & Out of the Ashes from Divine Wings. I believe that's it. Let's see, that's 13 songs. I guess that's not too bad when you think about it. I don't know if it was the club who limited their time, but it didn't seem to be. It would have been nice if they played for 2 hours, but...

Anyway, I guess they could have thrown in a Damnation Game tune or 2, but I guess they just chose to focus on the newer stuff.

[I would sell my left nut on Ebay if they would play "The Edge Of Forever" and "A Winter's Dream"(I+II) live.Yeah, more Twilight songs too.

I know dude, wouldn't it be awesome to see the drums go at it in Dragons Den or wouldn't it be ass rippin' fun to hear them do the Relic or that fat ass intro from Orion the hunter?!!! :headbang: maybe if I throw in my left nut as well they may do something extra next time??