'Damnation' review from SSMTB

Saw that as well a bit earlier today. I love the album a lot, but it all comes down to personal opinion I guess...

And I'm used to people not liking Opeth's music because of the growling vocals, so a few negative reviews for Damnation here and there don't really bother me :)

OK. He doesn't like Opeth's last few albums. That's fine. It's his opinion.

"Besides, I have just about the entire Porcupine Tree catalogue. No need for a Swedish offshoot."

Now that's just mean. :cry:

The reviews on that site aren't terribly good. They seem to hate a number of things for no reason. It's just opinion of course, but they should at least try to be objective about it.

Normally I don't agree with Chedsey's bizarre reviews... or his relentless Opeth-bashing... but I have to agree with this review. I found "Damnation" to be quite unremarkable and underwhelming.

I found this part of his review to be extremely hilarious:

The eight songs of Damnation are all quite easy on the ears and provide suitable background music if you are reading a novel or grooming your cat. In fact, you may find yourself petting and tending to your cat longer than normal since this album will lull you quite so. Your cat may appreciate multiple listens of this album.

Actually my cat loves Opeth and especially their older production.. She uses to sleep right next to my stereos and never gets disturbed no matter how loud I was playing :headbang:

edit: maybe they should start selling their records with "mom approved" and "cat approved" labels now..

Rohul Joshi: "Black Rose Immortal" is intolerably boring..

Hahaha! Wtf? *goes and reads it again* HAHAH! Gimme a brake BRI is BORING what the hell? Now what an unimaginative argument anyway.. Pfffft. :cutshiswrists: