Damnation Vs. In Absentia

Damnation Vs. In Absentia

• In Absentia

Votes: 52 50.0%
  • Damnation

Votes: 52 50.0%

• Total voters
i just have to give it to In Absentia, while some songs just don't tickle my fancy [the creator has a mastertape, strip the soul] i think its overall better... and opeth agree!

Humm tough questions...
Damnation style appeals to me more but In Absentia is more consistant IMO.

I like Damnation better. Mike's vocal and musical style appeals to me more. But the two albums are so close...it's really tough to compare them.

Windowpane is the BEST on Damantion while Trains is the BEST on In Absentia. To me, Windowpane is the better of the two because I absolutely adore that guitar work. It's played with such skill and beauty...Damantion is a more "beautiful" album than In Absentia, so it appeals to me more. But, I can see how someone may like In Absentia better.

I'm not much of a PT fan, (just started listening after the show here in NYC) but have been an Opeth fan for a few years. To me In Absentia is more interesting and encompasses more songwriting than Damnation.

In Absentia wins.

I can't believe anyone would choose Damnation. It's a fine album, but PT >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Opeth, especially when comparing these two albums.

I chose In Absentia, I love both to death, and although IA has a couple of weak tracks (prodigal, strip the soul) overall I feel that it is a more complete work (the running time of Damnation erks me!!)

KielbasaSausage said:
Stupid Dream, Lightbulb Sun, and In Absentia are all better than Damnation IMO... but if you want a comparison of PT's discography vs. Opeth's discography... Opeth wins. :D

Your sig pic has inspired the flick 'Heavy Metal' to be shown through my television set.