Dan photos with Novembre

King_Crimson

Inside my cocoon
Jun 26, 2006
So, guys... In case you haven't seen them, check the new novembre site NOVEMBRE OFFICIAL WEBSITE . There are some photos from the recordind sessions of Wish I could dream it again and Arte novecento with dan. If you knew, sorry for the time. Greetings! :)

you mean novembrine doom :D

the departure of the old boats
chicago dismal
swallowed by the seagull in the sky

:headbang:

so lefthander, were you talking about Novella Reservoir and Pale Haunt Departure or Materia and Dreams d'Azur (or novembrine waltz even)?

Dan looks handsome as always.

Novembre have very good musician-skills but they are really not good at songwriting, apart from a few tracks. Besides that, I had to endure them twice last year from the front row (as I was waiting for Katatonia). Thus I award them the prize for the most smelly musicians ever :ill: The whole ten meters in front of the stage got the impression that they didn´t see a shower for at least a week, and I could experience that two times.
Unicorn and a couple of more people can confirm that :erk:

Novembre have very good musician-skills but they are really not good at songwriting, apart from a few tracks. Besides that, I had to endure them twice last year from the front row (as I was waiting for Katatonia). Thus I award them the prize for the most smelly musicians ever :ill: The whole ten meters in front of the stage got the impression that they didn´t see a shower for at least a week, and I could experience that two times.

cant blame 'em for that, they are from sicily :D

Thus I award them the prize for the most smelly musicians ever :ill: The whole ten meters in front of the stage got the impression that they didn´t see a shower for at least a week, and I could experience that two times.

hahahahaha, lucky you, at least you saw them!.

Unicorn: at the second gig, you actually fled with the other Hel-guy a few rows backwards, remember? ;) Only the girls were strong enough to suffer for Katatonia :D

Have you clicked the link from the first post? Then you should see a gallery-overview and then scroll down to "Wish.." - recording session.

They put them up on Flickr. Hope that works for you.

They are great songwriters, can't fault them on the way they write songs. It's inventive. It might not be to everyone's taste but the songs are beautifully put together musically.

Are you really from Sherwood Forest? That would make us neighbours.

Well, maybe I don´t hear the genius in them, but I am aware that many people are huge Novembre-fans :) It´s just that I saw them thrice (2 gigs with Katatonia, one at ProgPower Europe several years ago, where also Nightingale played) and each time I thought that the parts of the songs don´t blend as fine as for example Green Carnation´s or some of EOS´s works do. I´m listening and thinking "well, that´s a great part", but then it goes on endlessly and something totally different comes up, and that goes on endlessly, too, then it starts getting boring and I somehow miss the grand conclusion where everything fits in the end. On the other hand, I don´t have records of Green Carnation, either, (but they are on my buy-list), but in each of the two gigs I´ve seen, I just thought how grandly the songs are composed and how beautiful it is when the themes are varied and flowing into each other and I always think "awesome - this works!!" ;)
That´s why I have the feeling that of course Novembre are good musicians, but except for rare cases, it doesn´t seem to translate into the overall outfit of the songs.

No, I`m not from Sherwood Forest, I chose it because I`m very fond of Robin Hood-tales :oops: and I´d really like to visit some regions in Britain one day, especially this one :cool: (been to England & Cornwall, but only very briefly, so that wasn´t enough).

then where are you really from?

Check out Novembrine Waltz, it's one of the best sounding discs ever. On the bootlegs I have of novembre their sound sucked, so you might like it better on record.