danny's solo gigs in hungary

Sopel

the crestfallen
Jan 4, 2002
southern Poland
sopel.webd.pl
could anyone (that was on one of danny's gigs in hungary) write anything about it? tracklist... atmosphere, etc. etc.
also, maybe danny can share his impressions, etc.?

p.s. any reviews that i could put on the site are really apreciated!!

3 gigs there were in all, and they started well and got better. by the last one in budapest i was in a theater with a real piano and seats that go up at the back and all that. very nice. about 300 came to that one. the gig must have been 2 hours or more, starting with a piano version of angelica. then an electric version of fragile dreams, with me using my delay/sampler pedal to layer guitar lines on top of eachother, reverse them, and do cleverdick tricks like that :err: . i really enjoyed singing too. i enjoy it more and more. the crowds at all the gigs were really great, and i thank them all for coming and being so nice to me. there were loads of covers in there too. i'll be doing more of this!
the anathema songs included
angelica, fragile dreams, release, lost control, hope, inner silence, one last goodbye, pressure, temporary peace, deep, forgotten hopes/destiny is dead, the silent enigma, kingdom and they die.
covers by
lennon, the beatles, floyd, depeche mode, nick drake, the commodores, and radiohead.

a day later this sound hungarian band called the dethroners did a heavy version of fragile dreams and i played guitar for that one. theyre good them,for that kind of stuff, you lot should check them out!

Hahah sorry to disappoint you but I think that Valderrama might be that ugly man he's talking about in the sig.

Anyway, nice to read this review, and surprising to see They Die in the tracklist, hehe. I'm still hoping that someone would invite you to come to do the same thing here in Belgium.

pagan. said:
3 gigs there were in all, and they started well and got better. by the last one in budapest i was in a theater with a real piano and seats that go up at the back and all that. very nice. about 300 came to that one. the gig must have been 2 hours or more, starting with a piano version of angelica. then an electric version of fragile dreams, with me using my delay/sampler pedal to layer guitar lines on top of eachother, reverse them, and do cleverdick tricks like that :err: . i really enjoyed singing too. i enjoy it more and more. the crowds at all the gigs were really great, and i thank them all for coming and being so nice to me. there were loads of covers in there too. i'll be doing more of this!
the anathema songs included
angelica, fragile dreams, release, lost control, hope, inner silence, one last goodbye, pressure, temporary peace, deep, forgotten hopes/destiny is dead, the silent enigma, kingdom and they die.
covers by
lennon, the beatles, floyd, depeche mode, nick drake, the commodores, and radiohead.

a day later this sound hungarian band called the dethroners did a heavy version of fragile dreams and i played guitar for that one. theyre good them,for that kind of stuff, you lot should check them out!

thanx for the review, it would have been great to see you there!
Hope you'll do this again a bit closer to me home, hehe.

erm, would you mind naming the cover song titles please?!

cheers

ok
there was..imagine, nowhere man, wish you were here, pigs on the wing, from the morning, northern sky, enjoy the silence, easy, pyramid song, exit music, comfortably numb, zombie and lost control (hehe)
also i did a couple of me own new ones.

well, thank you! great tunes you chose! I'd especially would've liked to hear your version of Zombie and exit music!
you have played some of your new stuff? does that mean you are planning a solo thing or sth?

no the new stuff will be for anathema. a mate (ghostie) sang on zombie, and i like amnesiac though i think theres only a few songs as good as their best stuff. :err:

I'm not so keen, I think Ok computer is best and The Bends. I tried comparing the bends to Judgement, they are kind of similar in some ways. I used to think the bends was great but compared to Judgement it's not really, judgement is quite a lot better as a whole album. Looking at that it makes me sad to see Anathema in the position they are and Radiohead in the position they are. Radiohead maybe a bit overrated but Anathema are criminally underrated

nope. i think the bends is totally boss and its obvious to me why it sold loads. i was listening to a quite alot when we did judgement. cant say its as good like. but its got its moments...

Well it has some great songs on it but it has some naff ones too. Ofcourse it has My iron lung which is one of my favourite songs of all time, but I like every second of Judgement. As a whole album it's brilliant, the way the songs flow into eachother, and 2000 & gone is such a great finish to the album