danny's solo gigs in hungary

hi, I'm Hungarian, just registered and read Danny's "review". :) I've been to the Budapest concert, and it has been a real _unique_ experience, a fantastic night.

The crowd filled the theater there were people in the doors and among us there were a few older ones, I guess parents of youngsters, or dunno.

first it was hard to imagine how one guy could replace the whole Anathema, but later on we realized that this concert is another story, with a similar, yet different feeling and it is not about replacing anything.

There were several strange things, and I mean it in a positive way, for example the crowd applauded after every song and in the end there was a burst of applause and 3 (or 4?) encore. And sometimes when Danny played the (electro-)acoustic guitar and sang it was like sitting by the fire even though there were hundreds of us. A local girl sang Zombie (Cranberries) and Break the silence (Depeche Mode) w/Danny, she was a bit uncertain, maybe had a bit of stage fright, don't know, all in all it was a nice part too.

And the encores included Wasted Years from Iron Maiden, One by Metallica(!) w/o the "Darkness imprisoning me..." part, both on piano :) with gentle singing. Sounded like Anathema songs. :)

However I don't remember They Die, but we got Dying Wish as the crowd wished it. :) And people talked about a few secs of Manowar which I didn't recognize, as I have not much Mano-knowledge.

Anyway, I think Anathema (and its members) is and will always be welcome in Hungary.

btw in Resonance1, Angelica, live somebody from the crowd shouts (audible on the cd) "Hülye hosszúhajúak!" which means "Stupid long-haired ones". :)

bye
coldwave

I can paste a few reactions from Hungarian forums too if some of you are interested...

coldwave said:
I can paste a few reactions from Hungarian forums too if some of you are interested...

That would be cool! Could you translate it, if i read hungarian, my face will look like this little guy :zombie:, and that's not a part of my plan in being the most handsome man in the world :devil:

btw. good review!

I hope he was dressed properly for the occasion

manowar.jpg

Thortyir said:
Thanks for the review! Cool one!
Hope he 'll do some solo gigs like that closer from us in "central" Europe! :)

btw Hungary IS Central Europe, even if the world likes to consider us eastern-E. for example the time zone we're living in is titled "Central European Time".
Eastern Europe is Ukraine, Romania, etc. And Russia is E-Europe too(in case you didn't know, in geographical terms, Europe streches to the Ural Mountains; strange though that Israel plays in European tournaments (Champions League, UEFA-cup, EURO xxxx ...), but this has its own reasons.)

Thortyir said:
Thanks for the review! Cool one!
Hope he 'll do some solo gigs like that closer from us in "central" Europe! :)
might be doing holland belgium and paris near beginning of may..i'll let you all know