Dante's Inferno

MorphineChild205

Lt. Horatio Caine
Jun 20, 2003
Chicago
Do you guys think Dante's Inferno would be a good topic for an epic Symphony X song? It seems right up their alley, with all the cool demons and evil themes.

Yes, I know Iced Earth has a song about it. I just think Symphony X would do it so much better.

Iced Earth did do it, and VEY well I might add. But if Symphony X did it, it would just be taken another nine steps farther.

I'd like to see Sy X grab something entirely original, but I wouldn't be opposed to Dante's Inferno.

Soul of Ice said:
dude, no way. I love Symphony X, but no one can touch Dante's Inferno like Iced Earth did.
Inferno is one of my favorites, and I was hugely disappointed with IE's version.

And why does everyone say TDWOT is based on Dante? There are like two lines lifted from the book - the inscription over the gates of Hell.

IE's version is already excellent... symphx, while very good, don't have that "dark vibe" IE had in the Burnt Offerings days which created the suitable atmosphere for Dante's Inferno.

Luis said:
Symphony X has already worked with Dante´s Inferno. TDWOT
DWoT has nothing to do with Dante's Inferno! DWoT was about Paradise Lost. Dante's Inferno is about Hell. Cosmic Opposites. Kind of.

Soul of Ice said:
dude, no way. I love Symphony X, but no one can touch Dante's Inferno like Iced Earth did.
music_jam.gif

I'm under the perception that SyX did just lift the lines "abandon all hope, ye who enter here"(which, incidentally, is what the link under my sig sez, were you to translate it from Italian :lol: ) from Dante's "Inferno". Yup, I do think that IE did great on their rendition, but here's to taking ideas a step further: How about SyX doing a whole album on the Divine Comedy? :D That would be killer IMO.