2012 Tour

Yup, coming from someone who's seen the band more times than I'd like to admit, Seeing DWOT and the ODYSSEY in 1 set made my night, it honestly didn't matter what was between those two songs in that amazing sandwich of goodness.

Haven't seen anything on YouTube yet; hopefully someone got some nice videos of Divine Wings...

I didn't see anyone with a nice video camera, just phones.

None of the SX songs were filmed by the 2 HD cams they were using for some other bands for the ProgPower DVD, unfortunately. It's quite possible someone in the grandstand seats filmed it, but I didn't see anyone up front.

That's pretty awesome. I would still wish for other songs to be included, but how can you complain when they play ~40 minutes of their very best material? You really can't.

Hmm..?

Now that I watch through the whole thing it looks like it either ends to early or they don't finish the whole song. I was really looking forward to the ending verse as that is one of the standout moments of the song to me. :(

On the topic of setlist I am still a little disappointed. I think if they would have dropped something from Iconoclast such as End of Innocence and played TEOF instead it would have been a lot more fulfilling. I guess it takes time for them to relearn to play older songs they haven't performed in many many years, especially a song of that length while they were still touring before the festival. I am sure they had to take extra time between shows to rehearse it and am grateful they did (even though I unfortunately wasn't there to see it).

Hmm..?

Now that I watch through the whole thing it looks like it either ends to early or they don't finish the whole song. I was really looking forward to the ending verse as that is one of the standout moments of the song to me. :(

They ended it like the album, or more like the live album really. Russel sang some notes on the outro an octave lower though, I'm sure his voice has changed on him a bit in the last 15 years.

By the way thanks a bunch for posting the link!

Just got around to watching it.

AWESOME! Do wish the quality was better, but nevertheless a solid performance all around, though I can't help but think that the intro guitar/key solo portion is a tad too fast (even faster than the live album!)

Also, Russ sounds better than ever singing this. His voice sounds a lot closer to the studio version than the LOTEOF version.

I really, REALLY hope they keep this in the set for next year.

Did the guy with the camera just stop recording early? There's still a few minutes that were left out, and if they ended it there, that's disappointing. Even on the live album I think it clocked in around 19 minutes.

Thanks for the link!

Did anyone else notice how good of a time LePond was clearly having? He was bouncing around the stage like a kid during a few parts. Is it safe to say that he prefers the older material?

Did the guy with the camera just stop recording early?

My guess is that the guy filming it thought it was the end of the song. There's a long pause between that neoclassical section and when the song picks up again.

That said, I love how the guy had the whole band in frame for the entire time, as opposed to the usual "zoom in on Russell when he isn't even singing" live videos that plague YouTube.

Did the guy with the camera just stop recording early? There's still a few minutes that were left out, and if they ended it there, that's disappointing. Even on the live album I think it clocked in around 19 minutes.

Lagtastic said:
They ended it like the album, or more like the live album really. Russel sang some notes on the outro an octave lower though, I'm sure his voice has changed on him a bit in the last 15 years.

I guess the guy just stopped early, like he says. Besides, the info says "A portion" of DWOT.

Detective Clarence Beauregard said:
Did anyone else notice how good of a time LePond was clearly having? He was bouncing around the stage like a kid during a few parts. Is it safe to say that he prefers the older material?

I noticed that too. I think he moved around more in that one song than the entire set when I saw them! And honestly, I think he does prefer the older stuff. If memory serves, I think he once said V is his favorite album in an interview.

Yeah, I don't think the song has ever ended that abruptly before. This video skipped the whole last verse where Russel starts with something like "Looking out on the blue sky" and ends with "And all I know....is my paradise haaaas beeeeeguuuuuuuuuuun!". That part is so well done and imo is his voice at its finest.

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if a staff member at PPUSA caught him recording at that point and made him turn it off. I am pretty sure they are super strict with cameras and people recording and whatnot. They thrive on their event being super exclusive and usually release their own dvd's of each year with select performances put on it.

On a funny note. Anyone else notice that when Russell walks off the stage to the side during the first guitar/key solo it looks like he picks up a cell phone to text or something?

I think that is exactly how I would act if I were a good enough bassist to play DWoT and got to play it live. :)

Yep, LePond definitely prefers the older material. He's also really cool and down to earth. He and MJR are my favorite guys in the band.

Yeah, I remember someone posted the interview somewhere on here where the band members stated their favorite albums, and LePond said V.

He really does seem like an awesome person.