Concerts Setlist - Paradise Lost Tour

Just got back home (Canada) from my trip to Madrid and saw the show at the Riviera and it was:OMG:
Now waiting for the april 9th show in Montreal and hoping for Death of Balance since they didn't play it in Madrid. Not complaining though, the set was filled with great ones...
CM was real good too.

Hey!!
I saw them in Madrid too!!!
The show was simply prefect!!!
If I´m not mistaken, the complete setlist was:

* Occulus Ex Inferni
* Set The World On Fire (The Lie Of Lies)
* Domination
* Serpent's Kiss
* The Damnation Game
* Paradise Lost
* Through The Looking Glass
* Inferno (Unleash The Fire)
* Smoke And Mirrors
* Sea Of Lies
* Revelation - DWOT Part VII- Paradise Regained
_ _ _ _
* Eve Of Seduction (bis)
* Of Sins And Shadows (bis)

Hey!!
I saw them in Madrid too!!!
The show was simply prefect!!!
If I´m not mistaken, the complete setlist was:

* Occulus Ex Inferni
* Domination
* Serpent's Kiss
* The Damnation Game
* Paradise Lost
* Smoke And Mirrors
* Sea Of Lies
* Revelation - DWOT Part VII- Paradise Regained
_ _ _ _
* Eve Of Seduction (bis)
* Of Sins And Shadows (bis)

Just curious, when we were coming out of the show, Holy Diver was playing but a heavy version, did you hear it? Who did that? It sounded like Dio singing but playing with Children Of Bodom...

Thought I might post the London setlist again in the right thread.

* Occulus Ex Inferni
* Domination
* Serpent's Kiss
* Masquerade
* Paradise Lost
* Smoke And Mirrors
* Sea Of Lies
* Revelation
* DWOT Part VII- Paradise Regained
_ _ _ _
* Immigrant song (just a bit of it leading into the next song)
* Eve Of Seduction
* Of Sins And Shadows

I understand why you would wanna hear symphony x stuff at a symphonyx show, but the reason I would wanna hear maybe just a song of MJRs album or Russ's album (haven't heard pinella's) is cuz when the hell else are you gonna hear em live?

like I said though, you have guitar solos, maybe play a part from one of romeos songs as a solo spot.

Your right about dream theater though, I would hate to go to see them and hear them play floyd or metallica songs for an hour or the set.

hmm, i would swear i asked Jax a question in this thread... where the heck did it go?

well, the question was: since i'm the only Philly forumer here, will you aske them to play Egypt for me at the Trocadero? your already the coolest, but if you did that... well i guess i'd owe you my life!:worship:

Hmmm... I wonder if they're going to be using the setlist they've been doing in Europe for the upcoming US tour. Only 10 days or so to find out!

I've been thinking though... it's about time to drop Inferno and Smoke and Mirrors. Both are great songs but when I saw them last summer, those two felt very bland and tired, probably because the first half of the set was all fast, heavy material as well. I dunno, I think those could be replaced. The Walls of Babylon was amazing live during that concert, for example. Another cool choice would be Fallen and as an Egypt fanboy... Egypt!

Ah, well, I'll end this rant. And if they do end up playing the original set list then I'll still be the happiest guy around.

That version is played by killswitch engage :headbang:
It does not rock.
Such a good cover. Period.
No. that bastard vocalist fucked up the entire middle section and their gay rhythmic shit they do was not good. The clean vocals are good, but we all know he couldn't keep that up the whole song. Might as well just walk up to Dio and start pissing on him... it'd be less offensive and less disrespectful.
Thanks! Didn't hear it all but it did sound HEAVY :OMG: I'll have to get it...
Heavy =/= good. Do yourself a favor and skip it.

you should all be ashamed of yourselves for liking that holy diver cover. RJD was flawless in that song, the cover blows stinky chunks. if you want to do yourself a favor... buy the dio album. SHAME i say SHAME!!

Well, I like it. Just because Killswitch Engage is a nu-metal band doesn't mean that the cover of Holy Diver automatically sucks. It has balls. As great as the original is, it's just a bit cheesy nowadays. Flame away, because I just don't give a damn!

Anyway, how about we re-focus this thread back on Symphony X. "Wow! Good call! Thanks, Detective!" You're welcome.

Anyway, how about we re-focus this thread back on Symphony X. "Wow! Good call! Thanks, Detective!" You're welcome.

One 'sec.

It does not rock. That bastard vocalist fucked up the entire middle section and their gay rhythmic shit they do was not good. The clean vocals are good, but we all know he couldn't keep that up the whole song. Might as well just walk up to Dio and start pissing on him... it'd be less offensive and less disrespectful.

I don't understand why covers of songs cannot be enjoyed, just because the original song is amazing. I absolutely LOVE Dio's "Holy Diver" and if I was told to pick between the two, I wouldn't even think about picking anything but Dio.

That said, the reason I love the cover is because they took a song that is so infused, so obviously 80's-stamped, and made it sound CURRENT. Just because the lead singer does not sing the song exactly like Dio, does not make his version bad. It's not about "not keeping it up", that just isn't Killswitch's style.

I like Metallica's "Turn the Page", I don't hate it because they don't have Bob Seger's saxophone in it, 'cause that's just not Metallica's style.

you should all be ashamed of yourselves for liking that holy diver cover. RJD was flawless in that song, the cover blows stinky chunks. if you want to do yourself a favor... buy the dio album. SHAME i say SHAME!!

Yep, and just because I say "I like the Killswitch" version, I am thus invalidating Dio's version, and saying that he was not impeccable on it.