God of Metal 2007

Emanuele

Jun 6, 2004
Viterbo, Italy
SymphonyX played in Milan last 3rd June for the Gods of Metal show. Unfortunately the time in their hands was not much, but the guys were in great form and even people not knowing them were attracted by their music. Here is the setlist:

Of sins and shadows
A new song from Paradise Lost
Inferno
Communion and the oracle
Smoke and mirrors
Sea of lies

Yes, it was a great show. Dream Theater played the entire Images & Words album because it's going to be 15 years from its release, and then Home and As I am.
Dimmu Borgir, Anathema and Blind Guardian also did an excellent show. I didn't like DGM and Dark Tranquillity, but it's just a matter of tastes...

Yes, it was a great show. Dream Theater played the entire Images & Words album because it's going to be 15 years from its release, and then Home and As I am.
Dimmu Borgir, Anathema and Blind Guardian also did an excellent show. I didn't like DGM and Dark Tranquillity, but it's just a matter of tastes...

i think i wouldve prefered DT to dimmu borgir but thats because im a little scene kid!

The 3 new songs off Paradise Lost were Domination, Set The World On Fire and Serpent's Kiss (in order in the setlist written above).

It was a great show, loved every moment of it.

Symphony X were by far the highlight of an otherwise unspectacular GOM07 for me. The set list was well chosen for such a short performance, I could have listened to them all day. Their sound was dead on from where I was standing and they gave it their all on stage. However just like with Dream Theatre later that evening I felt that a sunny day at a festival just doesn't provide the atmosphere to really maximise Symphopny X's music. That being said they made my trip to Italy form Ireland worthwhile. I just wish they were headlining the European tour, not just supporting DT, so as I'd get to see the epic show I'm sure they could produce. Also an Irish date wouldn't go amiss but don't think there's quite the fanbase here for that yet